TM MP7 Opinions

Jacob Wright

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve been eyeing up a GBB TM MP7 to use as a light primary weapon, I’ve read some good reviews but just wondered what peoples views were on here with regard to using them on a woodland site with generally longer engagement distances than CQB

Simply put, am I going to be able to hit targets at 40-50m with it or am I better off saving it for CQB/not bothering?

I very nearly picked one up this year but decided 40 round gas mags weren't going to be enough for me in woodland.

I'm sure they're fun in general but I think the novelty would soon wear off when I start feeling massively outgunned.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I very nearly picked one up this year but decided 40 round gas mags weren't going to be enough for me in woodland.

I'm sure they're fun in general but I think the novelty would soon wear off when I start feeling massively outgunned.

GBBRs demand a certain style of play. Much more measured, much more precise, none of this spray and pray rubbish. Except for 2 indevidual games I've only used GBBRs this year and have never been out gunned . Range is easily as good as an aeg. With my L119 I run 5 mags and a speed loader , I get 2 and a bit BBloads to a gas fill so I've got about 1 hi cap's worth of ammo. You have to plan your shots but it's so much more satisfying. I also have the Umarex GBB MP7 as does a mate and it's perfectly capable of being used as a primary at our local woodland site . 5 Mags between us so we just use each others mags to top up. 40 rounds is heaven after the 30 round Stanags !

Cheers people!

I’ve recently (6 months) dropped from 140rd midcaps to the 80rd recoil mags, and tbh I struggle to go through more than 2-3 in a half hour game as it makes you think a lot more about what you’re shooting. So even with only 40 in the MP7 mags I reckon I should be good. 

Definitely food for thought! 

As nick said its more about how you approach the game rather than if it will work for you.

With loads of different guns to choose from we often get caught up in the which da best gnu topics and chats buts its all down to play-style.

Yeah limited ammo, heavy mags etc, but man an MP7 is fun to use. Range is also one of those topics which is divisive, its not a sniper rifle, but if you find yourself out ranged then be more sneaky and get closer.

I run a mixture of either MP7 or MP9 with 6 mags, or an aeg with a drum mag generally. Depends on how im feeling, sneaky or speedy really. Some game days I will play the AEG in the morning and the gas gun after lunch if I cant be bothered to leg it around everywhere.

On 20/12/2021 at 11:18, Cr0-Magnon said:

Just a quick note to say that airtac have adapted an armorer works drum mag to fit the mp7 so a lot less reloading! :)

On 22/12/2021 at 19:00, Jacob Wright said:

Been there done that, had a pair of their GBB G36’s about 5 years ago! Great fun but also massively overpowered. 

To be fair most GBBRs are over powered out of the box , easily sorted with an NPAS or power down nozzle though.

The pay check has landed but the shop with most reasonable price I could find it for doesn’t have it in stock! But you can’t see this until you try to add it to your basket 😬 

Maybe next month!

2021 was the year I went 90% green...gas. MWS first, followed by a TM MP7.

The MP7 is putting .3s out to 50m no problem, at about 1.1js. Really good fun and don't worry about the ammo limit. Just pick your shots and learn how to reload quickly! 

On 31/12/2021 at 12:07, Jacob Wright said:

The pay check has landed but the shop with most reasonable price I could find it for doesn’t have it in stock! But you can’t see this until you try to add it to your basket 😬 

Maybe next month!

Try calling Fire Support, they usually have them but they don't show on their website for ummmm *reasons*

12 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Try calling Fire Support, they usually have them but they don't show on their website for ummmm *reasons*

You know I was surprised to see that they weren’t on their website considering they seem to carry all the rest of the TM products …

2 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

You know I was surprised to see that they weren’t on their website considering they seem to carry all the rest of the TM products …

Like @EvilMonkeesaid, call them. They're really helpful and are a great source for all sorts of parts and accessories. Full of helpful advice too.

Yeah they were my local shop for a long time, always been helpful and great service. 

Dropped them an email an hour ago and they’ve confirmed they’ll have some shortly!

That's excellent news! May be worth asking if they'll do you a deal on the gun plus additional mags like they do with the MWS too? 

8 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Something to do with licensing reasons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.