OBNO - New member

OBNO

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So have found my way to Airsoft through several other passions.

I Like having fun, keeping fit, modifying mechanical stuff, making things work better and creating things. So, I have several Sig air guns MCX, MPX, X5, 1911, P326 and love accuracy shooting and practical exercises (fire from different guns, in different stance, in different spots and timing it. But that's only so much fun as what's the next logical step. Paintball is expensive and I am a massive fan of realism of the kit and anything tactical. I am almost done on a polishing and repaint of a SRC Baba Yaga 5.1. I have also just purchased a g&g Armament CM 16 Wild Hog 13.5". I'm up grading pretty much all the internals and only a few left to arrive. Got tons setup options, scopes etc. Will be doing a Lone Survivor style paint job with the OBNO icon somewhere on the body that will be added before the last coat of lacquer.

Hope I'll be able to contribute.

Cheers

OBNO

Chris

IMG_20211214_134843_659.jpg

IMG_20211216_111731_727.jpg

IMG_20211216_111822_869.jpg

Hi @OBNO 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting you gear sorted and have fun on here! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome @OBNO

Pull up a chair and enjoy the forum. 👍

Regards 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Plenty of folk are just into the collecting and tinkering, they're fascinating bits of machinery - the fascination being that they work at all.  Still, playing is a blast, if you get the right site and the right players.  It sounds like you might enjoy milsims once you've got some experience.

One thing, airsoft accuracy in the field isn't anything like airgun target accuracy, so try to enjoy the process as much as the results.  I go to sites to get hit, not necessarily to make them.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Thanks for the warm response all. I've only really been involved in car related forums before and got hacked off with the attitude. Anyhow, feel I've found a cool form. So this is my first custom job. Fully stripped. Sanded, all touching metal and polished. Sprib guide and housing polished and off coarse a new sparkly paint job featuring my god "Lord OBNO" icon fully sealed under lacquer and pretty damn pleased. Got another on the way that will get the full internal fettling mechanically also as I've now learnt about that now.

Next one (G&G CM16 Wildhog 13.5) already started and stripped the outer casing today. Don't wanna rush the disassembly so that can wait and I haven't got the shims yet. Just ran the new metal bits through a cleaning process ready to be polished. The amount if shite that came off the new gears was amazing. My approach (mechanically)  is that the smoother the surface the better so every metallic object m that comes off easily (not down to tiny screws spring etc) will get the same treatment and the OBNO emblem somewhere internally that won't wear and abit of lacquer. Total rebuild (Inc M130 spring, high torque  motor, short toothed by 2 possibly 3), ZCI M4/M16 CNC Rotary Hop metal, upgraded air nozzle, upgraded hop (black), upgraded piston spring guide (metal). Rebuild and custom camo pait job with the OBNO emblem on the receiver. This small area will be lacquered but the rest left naturally wear. Am loving this IMG_20211226_173102_307.thumb.jpg.8c4f7d48736aaba01ea0a12db544eee3.jpg

IMG_20211226_172950_766.jpg

IMG_20211226_172929_663.jpg

20211230_121356.jpg

20211230_115939.jpg

20211230_115904.jpg

• Supporters

Well, that's jumping in at the deep end.

Yes, this is a pretty constructive place, absent the occasional internets spat.

You're quite right to strip and clean everything down, it can sometimes feel like internals have been "pre-weathered", and the application of what passes for lubrication in particular is about as accurate as post-pub lights-off toilet bowl aim.

12 hours ago, OBNO said:

M130 spring [...] short toothed by 2 possibly 3

There's no hard and fast rule, and a lot of it comes down to air seal (or piston to barrel volume), but if you're aiming for around 1.1J then you might need to clip that spring down a bit, or go to a lighter one, given that you'd be looking at close to a notional 1.7J with a full rack.  A lot of airsoft is suck it and see, and a chrono is pretty much essential to avoid unpleasant surprises - I've had a couple of guns come in way over what I wanted (or the legal definition of airsoft guns) by up-springing or just getting the air seal spot on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.