Any one brought from krale?

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

"Due to the Brexit we have chosen to temporarily implement a minimum order amount of £ 135 excluding VAT in our webshop."

Yeah, no. Sure they're legit but there are other retailers who don't have arbitrary minimum spends.

26 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

"Due to the Brexit we have chosen to temporarily implement a minimum order amount of £ 135 excluding VAT in our webshop."

Yeah, no. Sure they're legit but there are other retailers who don't have arbitrary minimum spends.

Actually there are a few EU websites that imposed that minimum order value both gunfire and Taiwan gun( before they just stopped shipping to UK completely) just of the top of my head. The amount is not completely arbitrary I just can't say off the top of my head why it's that amount and can't be bothered looking it up. Thank you for your well informed and helpful contribution to this thread.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Isn't the £135 the figure over which you become responsible for paying VAT and customs  rather than the retailer having to collect UK VAT ? 

This, I believe. No idea what the cost of registering with hmrc is but surely its not more than the potential loss in sales?

And even though the £135 figure is set by HMRC and not the retailer, I still think its arbitrary.

Clearly I don't know the full machinations of international goods and services, but I don't have to; if a retailer doesn't want the expense/bother of being able to sell below a certain price point, they lose out. People will spend their money elsewhere.

If an overseas company is required to register with companies house for UK trading then the application fee is £20

If they are only required to register for VAT then the application is free, but starts with a 14 page form so you have at least the administration time to fill that in, need all the records to hand on your turnover etc.

You are then required to maintain UK VAT accounting and subsequently submit periodic records to HMRC in an approved electronic format - that means  accounting software including VAT handling and usually a subscription cost each month.  If they are running an online store then they are likely to be running accounting software. But it’s not absolutely certain - they could be running their accounting in many ways

If they are getting decent sales then they will be required to be VAT registered domestically anyway.

If not then they have to keep an eye on their accounting for when it gets triggered 

A UK business is required to register for VAT if their taxable turnover is over £85000 in 12 months (The last 12 months). That’s actually not a lot of business, I sell some things in a ‘collective’ shop.  If it was a standalone business then they would have had to be VAT registered long ago, as it is owned/operated by 2 sole traders, has approx 50 sellers, they account for every trader individually and run their holding accounts for traders money they (currently) don’t need to register for VAT.  The historic 12 month threshold would have made the business itself close to registration - if not for lockdown closures then even with their seperate statuses then one or the other partner would be heading to the threshold at different times 

When you’re doing that sort of trade the accountancy software subscription is just another overhead - not to forget an accountant 

An overseas trader doesn’t have a trading threshold.  Just one sale to the UK under £135 and they are on the radar needing to  register with HMRC, maintain electronic accounts, fully document and declare packages, retrospectively pay HMRC etc

Refuse to sell to the UK or only over £135 and they may ‘lose’ a sale but don’t gain high levels of administration to a different countries tax office 

Do they really ‘lose’ a sale or just don’t get an ‘extra’ sale?

On 17/12/2021 at 20:18, MAX DICKER said:

This is just one of the faces of BREXIT that UK citizens will see more of... 

People if you ask them about BREXIT, they will not understand the real issue of why the UK pulled out the EU...

In very simple terms, the Panama papers exposes a massive TAX loophole fraud.

The EU takes action to plug a tax loophole.

Tories bottle goes when they realise that they will have to declare every penny that they have in tax havens.

BREXIT is pushed, the muppets lap it all up in belief of sovereignty rule and all that clap trap that they were shilled with...

when we already had it as people do not understand how membership of the EU worked...

Next thing, people do not notice pack resizing as a hidden price rise coupled with price rises months later, a double whammy.

Next thing, roads are not being repaired because all that lovely EU money ringfenced for infrastructure that your local council got to pay for road maintenance ceases, farmers subsidies cease, how they thought they would hang on to those when leaving astounds me... there was a lot more benefit to the UK than leaving for sure, the issue really was that the tory governments couldn't redirect that money, so they put up taxes, introduce new taxes and things to siphon off that lovely EU cash in to where... TAX HAVENS.

The panama papers exposed that and the tories panicked, Cameron was under much scrutiny for the pigs head incident, so needed a diversion... BREXIT was also perfect for that purpose... killing TOW bird with one stone, so to speak.

And here we are now, facing minimum orders and price hikes in the same goods that were 25% cheaper the week before.

So there you have it... and the thing to remember, thsi is just the tip of the old berg and the HMS Britannia is the latest version of the titanic that Johnson is grounding on a sandbar somewhere in the doldrums.

Enjoy your BREXIT fruits my friends, your BREXIT fruit pie is next...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/01/2022 at 01:28, BigStew said:

took ages to get through customs, but stuff was well pack. would definitely recomend buying from them 

How long was ages? Tempted by the Warq helmet from them as it's the cheapest I've see even once you add VAT to it.

2 hours ago, Blusox69 said:

How long was ages? Tempted by the Warq helmet from them as it's the cheapest I've see even once you add VAT to it.

About 2 weeks but I ordered two pistols helmet might be much quicker.

I think the customs depots are massively behind

One of my buddies bought a used rif from Belgium, it sat in customs holding for ten days, then because the seller had put a true value on the wrapper, he got stung a further £118 😳

At least the sellers in the Far East are cute with it and show lower than paid prices on the customs declarations 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.