T.M. AA12 shotgun

Chicken pie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any user experience on the downside of these?

Seen a couple of vids and look " fun"

Couple of questions. 

Do you run heavier than .20 bb in yours? I read tm advise .20 only!!

What battery and does it last for a drum of 3000 bb

Will it " spray" out to a range of 40m ?

I appreciate accurate shooting is not this guns main aim, but I'm happy to be a spray and pray shooter with it!

Thanks.

I ran .25s in mine (it will hop .28s but it's a support gun so why wasn't money on heavy BBs?), it takes AAAs to run the mag 4 I think( they will last more than a game day). It has 3 individual hops, it can be accurate to 40ish metres, it can lob over 50 metres just don't expect to hit what you are aiming for. Down sides it's complex and the gearbox casing is a weak point so don't abuse it( parts are almost impossible to get unless you speak Japanese. unless they hurry up and release the Chinese clone), do not run anything over a 7.4v lipo battery, the drum is well built and reliable but it's not auto wind so you need to remember to hit the wind button after long bursts (unless you fancy some electronics work). After all that yes they are really fun and I regret selling mine.

Edited by BigStew

They are a novelty gun for sure but quite fun, so fun that at one point in time i had 2.

Downsides:

- Only one of the 3 barrel has hop applied vertically.  After mine broke I sent it for repairs and whilst it was in, had the hop modded so all 3 barrels have vertical hop and a heavier spring in there to take it to whatever 250fps with .2g is to 1j. After that, I used .28s

- As above, I can't honestly claim them to be reliable guns. Mine has broken twice, each instance a gearbox jam. The first occasion was caused by bb's getting jammed, the second occasion I don't know...as I haven't gotten it fixed yet!

- I didn't have a great experience with the drum mag, it would fail to feed too often and sapped the fun o meter. I used it maybe twice and then switched to carrying (lots) of standard mags, which hold 90 or so bbs which, quick maths, gives you 30 shots which is far from ideal. gbbr people can say what they want but i haven't heard anyone using "realcaps" in a "normal" aeg in well over a decade

- I should note that at the time i was using blaster bb's or whatever, I don;t use them anymore for other reasons but this contributed to me becoming a bit of a geoffs fundamentalist

- the rear sling mount is a real weak point. look for a "full stock sling adapter" if you want to sling

12 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

They are a novelty gun for sure but quite fun, so fun that at one point in time i had 2.

Downsides:

- Only one of the 3 barrel has hop applied vertically.  After mine broke I sent it for repairs and whilst it was in, had the hop modded so all 3 barrels have vertical hop and a heavier spring in there to take it to whatever 250fps with .2g is to 1j. After that, I used .28s

- As above, I can't honestly claim them to be reliable guns. Mine has broken twice, each instance a gearbox jam. The first occasion was caused by bb's getting jammed, the second occasion I don't know...as I haven't gotten it fixed yet!

- I didn't have a great experience with the drum mag, it would fail to feed too often and sapped the fun o meter. I used it maybe twice and then switched to carrying (lots) of standard mags, which hold 90 or so bbs which, quick maths, gives you 30 shots which is far from ideal. gbbr people can say what they want but i haven't heard anyone using "realcaps" in a "normal" aeg in well over a decade

- I should note that at the time i was using blaster bb's or whatever, I don;t use them anymore for other reasons but this contributed to me becoming a bit of a geoffs fundamentalist

- the rear sling mount is a real weak point. look for a "full stock sling adapter" if you want to sling

Blasters have been banned from a few sites because inregular shapes and a habit of shattering if you used them exclusively I think they're what caused your issues rather than the gun it's self. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.