Restock

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Airsoft retail doesn't work like that. This stuff is coming in shipping containers from different suppliers. As such you'll see "Marui Restock" "CYMA Restock" "Double Eagle Restock"....you get the point.

Once those batches have sold out, it could be several months.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, mirinjawbro said:

what a great contribution that is. 

the best part is the effort to get that pic. hahaha

Thing is, it's such a tricky question to answer that a crystal ball is pretty much your best bet.

What with Brexit, the pandemic and assorted other excuses the supply chain is well and truly fucked and most likely will be for at least the next 3-6 months. I'm already being quoted 17-20 week lead times on stuff for work that used to be next working day.

Maybe if you could be a bit more specific with what you're waiting for then you'd get a better answer.

Shipping from China continues to be an expensive problem. As does 

Brexit, or rather our shambolic government rules. Plus everyone's shat themselves (well, the media and politicians have, anyway, the rest of us are like "meh") over the new Covid variant, which is called Xi, or Moronic, or summat. And loads of airsofters keep hoovering up the limited supplies of stuff thats out there so I think it'll be a problem for some months yet.

Maybe that explains some of the utterly bizarre prices quoted on the Airsoft Walts, Charlatans and Spivs thread, which continues to provide much amusement and bafflement as to the overinflated, gouged keech that some folk try to market under the auspices of "its airsoft innit"...

Only today my courier company sent an email out explaining another 5% increase, this is on top of the 15-20% increase in the past 2 years.  Sea freight prices have increased 5 fold, will they come down? stay as they are? who the fuck knows.  Air freight prices are also through the roof, check out the Emergency Situation Surcharge on this 30kg shipment from HK to UK.. 

image.png.2bee7c68c6aae2c7fd7493fa4c6746b7.png

All sorts of things going on.

Inflation starting to run away internationally, material costs exponentially rising, fuel prices exploding, Government wanting their cut in the form of taxes, all connected back to the fact that the world economy was shut down for a long time.

I work in Aviation, and quite frankly it's a bloodbath like I've never seen before. Even 9/11 seems like a blip in comparison. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Airsoft retail doesn't work like that. This stuff is coming in shipping containers from different suppliers. As such you'll see "Marui Restock" "CYMA Restock" "Double Eagle Restock"....you get the point.

Further complicated by going through several layers of wholesale, first to put together whole containers in the Orient, then split and distribute them in the EU or the UK.

From what I've seen, it seems that even the biggest UK sellers - PatrolBase - are getting much of their stock wholesale from the EU, rather than importing directly into the UK.  Exceptions may exist, like that lorry carrying a load of Specna Arms toys that got robbed out: I don't know whether it was filled at Dover or Gdańsk.

The bit that really amazes me is that retail prices have stayed as low as they have. If I were a UK retailer, with stock, in the current climate, I'd be very tempted to bump prices to the moon.

Yeah, the airsoft retail supply chain is pretty convoluted. Another cog in the machine to get stuck...

Agree with your closing point, it's pretty incredible that prices havent shot up, yet. Time for that yet of course 😂

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

A good point, which I will be sure to share with Mrs Borg.

I'd be interested to hear her response. I'd imagine it would be similar to Mrs. Eezer's... ending with "off"...

On 15/12/2021 at 16:58, mirinjawbro said:

what a great contribution that is. 

the best part is the effort to get that pic. hahaha

There's a saying about asking a silly question

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
7 hours ago, mirinjawbro said:

No its not a silly question. people like you make this world the trash it is today

Its just banter mate, take a chill pill 🥴

kt9ms.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2021 at 14:42, mirinjawbro said:

silly?

some of you could work in airsoft shops, maybe some have heard something somewhere else, notice the word "guess", just any sort of idea

so no its not a silly question. people like you make this world the trash it is today

I was being polite calling it silly, let me rephrase it to what I really meant. It's a fucking dumb question

If you're going to get that upset over a word like silly then I suggest you stay off the Internet till you're old enough to not throw a tantrum over a small word

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.