Just on the off chance that you may have...

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Old £20 and £50 (paper) notes stashed in shoe boxes and mattresses...

Next year in 2022, by September, if you haven't spent them, they will become void and obsolete and have no monetary value and you can't get them changed with the bank or BOE... you have to get them changed BEFORE the deadline or your savings in old paper notes will be nothing but wall paper / toilet paper.

So spend them or bank then now.

Partly correct 

They will have expired, and shops are unlikely to accept them

(They may or may not be accepted depending on the person behind the till)

Banks will be unlikely to accept them for exchange, but your bank may accept them as a deposit 

The post office may accept them for exchange 

The Bank of England will continue to accept them 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/exchanging-old-banknotes

If you have large quantities of them and don’t want a record for the tax man or police to be able to trace then get spending them quickly

The paper £20 & £50 are ‘current’ until 30 September 2022, and will be ‘withdrawn’ from 1 October 2022 which is when they officially cease to be accepted.  But no shop is required to accept a specific note today 

As time gets close there will be less options to spend or exchange them 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/current-banknotes

I've hit on a pretty foolproof way to get gear and guns without incuring the wrath of she who must be obeyed.

I don't have to intercept the postie,no more smuggling them in and no more mind altering drugs administered to her the day before goodies are due. 

How is this possible I hear you say🤔

Well I ain't gonna tell ya.......

Regards 

15 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I've hit on a pretty foolproof way to get gear and guns without incuring the wrath of she who must be obeyed.

I don't have to intercept the postie,no more smuggling them in and no more mind altering drugs administered to her the day before goodies are due. 

How is this possible I hear you say🤔

Well I ain't gonna tell ya.......

Regards 

You are she who must be obeyed

6 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

You are she who must be obeyed

Of course. I know that and you know that but bend a little,acquiess a little and life is a breeze 😉 

Regards 

28 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Yeah. I’m in the process of convincing my wife that airsoft gnu’s are the new “ bricks and mortar “ ; up there with gold!

That's good but it's not long term. Eventually she is gonna want to cash it in. Lol

Nope my way is a no tears and nobody gets hurt approach.....

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Spellin

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

That's good but it's not long term. Eventually she is gonna want to cash it in. Lol

Nope my way is a no tears and nobody gets hurt approach.....

Regards 

You could get that moment when pricing up resale value ……

“Thats almost as much as you paid for it new”

”Errr, yes, we got a great team sponsorship price”

All well and good guys BUT.... HOW do you explain where the box of £20 & £50's came from that you had stashed away from the misses?

54 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

All well and good guys BUT.... HOW do you explain where the box of £20 & £50's came from that you had stashed away from the misses?

Hence the warning from @AirSniper

If you can explain it then you’ve plenty of time until the end of next September to change it at the bank, or can still send it to the Bank of England afterwards 

But if you’re going to have problems explaining your stash then get started laundering it into newer notes now

I think that this is a new change in the law as it states BEFORE the deadline as historically, BOE would honour all currency changes so is this an indication that the money we put faith in as having value is now being devalued in favour of a digital version that is made to look like having more value???

3 hours ago, AirSniper said:

I think that this is a new change in the law as it states BEFORE the deadline as historically, BOE would honour all currency changes so is this an indication that the money we put faith in as having value is now being devalued in favour of a digital version that is made to look like having more value???

No, just situation normal with the withdrawal of notes from circulation.

The paper £20 & £50s are both current up to 30th September 2022

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/20-pound-note

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/50-pound-note

As of 1 October 2022 they will be withdrawn but can be still exchanged at the Bank of England 

Exchanging old notes

30 September 2022 is the last day you can use our paper £20 and £50 notes.

After 30 September 2022, many banks will accept withdrawn notes as deposits from customers. The Post Office may also accept withdrawn notes as a deposit into any bank account you can access at the Post Office. And, you can always exchange withdrawn notes with us.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/exchanging-old-banknotes

They still all retain their face value, and the replacement to paper notes are the polymer ones

Digital currency is a different matter, it’s recently been going around the internet that there are plans to introduce digital currency, and also a conspiracy to track benefits etc,  but it’s only under review with recommendations on a trackable element which could be used instead of vouchers.  

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/research/digital-currencies

3 hours ago, AirSniper said:

It's all fiat now.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

conspiracy

When all your social media platforms say "Account disabled, enter your vaccine passport ID to tie your words to your social credit score", remember that I told you so, and that you thought I was crazy. ;)

5173OjSAXWL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

When all your social media platforms say "Account disabled, enter your vaccine passport ID to tie your words to your social credit score", remember that I told you so, and that you thought I was crazy. ;)

Send me your passwords and account details for everything and I’ll secure it all for you 

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's not far removed from what will happen!! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

That's not far removed from what will happen!! 

Haha, what?  I was only joking, that's a crazy thing to say!

We should talk.

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Haha, what?  I was only joking, that's a crazy thing to say!

We should talk.

🤫

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.