Roman Kurmaz replicas

Allen428

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Never had any sort of issue with him, and I probably have 15-20 pieces in total from him. A lot of it comes down to the material he can get at the time.

On 16/12/2021 at 10:45, TheFull9 said:

I don't think I've ever promoted it here for various reasons, but it got to a point some time ago that I'd been a customer of Roman for so long and purchased so much that we worked together on a variant of the G3s he makes done to my design spec.  I make something like 2-3 euros in what amounts to store credit if someone orders an item in the 'F9' cut from him.  If anyone's interested feel free to DM me I won't clog this thread with self promo.

Before that partnership became a thing though, I would get people messaging me on social media fairly often with questions about his stuff, so to answer the FAQs I put together a video.  The jist of the video is, essentially, you need to be *mega* specific if you want to order anything from his business.  This doesn't just apply to him though, there are people all over the world that make custom gear to order and it's a process I've been through many, many times over the past decade and the very first time doing it I learned just how specific you need to be if you actually want to get what you're picturing in your mind when placing an order.  I think to the average person who lives a normal life and hence doesn't have an intimate knowledge of the production of military type uniforms and other tac gear they'd probably find the level of detail needed quite OTT.

I make no excuses for his customer service, it's lacking... end of.  His stuff is 'less' custom than what is offered by some businesses in that it fellows a template, but it is custom made tactical equipment none-the-less and the same rules apply to his uniforms as to any custom sew business; they can't read your mind and it's basically impossible to exaggerate just how easily things get lost in translation.  Not addressing this specific situation now just trying to help people avoid the same fate in future.  To illustrate the point, I've collaboratively designed my own piece of kit for commercial sale being made by a company in the US this year and as incredibly simple as this thing is (and looks), it took hours worth of phone calls and dozens of e-mails back and forth adding up to many pages of descriptive text and other media after already drawing up dimensioned schematics, just to get 1 simple little item to be manufactured in the correct way I wanted.

So on top of what I mentioned in the linked video, if you want to order from Roman the key is to make zero assumptions and when you think you're making none at all, make a few less.  If you want buying kit to just involve checking out through the cart, don't try to get things custom, you'll end up dissatisfied; sorry if that's an unpalatable reality check for anyone reading.  Ideally, supply him with the fabric yourself (he has a UK address you can just send it to) for the very best end result in terms of getting exactly what you want and what you've imagined.  Or ask him for details and pictures of the materials he has to hand for the camo/s you're interested in.

Anyone is welcome to @ me here or DM me on this topic any time.  In the event you like the platform I have a facebook group setup that's for discussion of topics just like this and is aimed at spreading info; I generally ask that folks ask me questions in there rather than DMs if at all possible so that the answers are public rather than hidden to the world - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609908462423146

Was this the item you designed?

image.jpeg.2d2a17a0b63ecb70b83cde34ca145945.jpeg

The humiliation of being knife killed by this would almost be enough to make me wear it.

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.