substitute parts sent by retailer

mintsauce5

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently ordered some parts from a well known retailer one thing was a set of ultimate 16.1 gears , had the delivery today and the gears i wanted had been substituted with a set of krytac enhanced torque 18.1 gears because the ultimate ones were out of stock with a sticker on the receipt saying that a substitution had been made , I've had substitute's from the likes of Asda and tesco's before but never from an airsoft retailer , normally get an email or phone call saying item out of stock do i want a refund or an alternative etc , my question is do i keep these gears in case i need some in the future as i only needed the spur gear to replace a faulty one from the ultimate gear set or do i go through the hassle of sending them back , I notice the krytac ones have a small spring on the spur gear shaft similar to the vfc self shimming ones which aren't supposed to be very good

Edited by mintsauce5

• Supporters

I'd send the lot back for a full & go somewhere else, that's a fucking liberty🤬

download (1).jpg

download (1).jpg

If they wanted to sub an out of stock item they have to agree it with you before they do it, unless it's in the t&c.

If you don't want it as uts not the ratio you ordered make them pay to get it back or take it up with PayPal etc.

Send them back for a full refund at the shop's expense. They sent you the wrong product. 

I'd also be checking to make sure the gears you were sent aren't cheaper than the ones you ordered 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, concretesnail said:

take it up with PayPal etc

Yup, or a credit / debit card chargeback.  No excuses, no costing you one penny to resolve.  What you have now is a free gift, you've yet to receive what you've ordered.

You don't have to be aggressive, or belligerent, just give them at most one chance to resolve it, then get your money back.

Whatever you do, once you've opened a dispute, don't close it before you have either the money or what you ordered, you won't get to re-open it again.

On 13/12/2021 at 09:57, ak2m4 said:

Stupid move by the retailer, honestly takes no time at all to contact the buyer and explain the issue.  Any reason for not just using some SHS or Rocket 16:1 gears?  They are generally pretty solid and half the price.

Hi ,

no particular reason really , I've just used them in a few of my guns and haven't had any problems , probably try some of the ones you've mentioned next time though I have heard good things about them

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.