MP7 Holstered?..

jakeas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello folks, been a while since I’ve done the forum thing! So thanks for having me! 🙂 

Odd one really, the mp7 platform seems to be that nice perfect middle ground between side arm and main… in my mind it offers a perfect compliment to the Sniper role… However, there seems to be quite little interns of reliable and comfortable holster carry options. There are the numerous cheap material holsters obviously but I am concerned about how practical these will turn out to be in use… 

So has any got experience of holster carried mp7 use? 

cheers! 
J

I love my TM GBB MP7 but i would not even consider trying to carry it around if i was playing the sniper role. 

It's just too big and heavy. It would get more in the way and not enough usage to make it worth while.

Go with a decent pistol. If you must spray and pray. An 18C 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Not that I have either, but I'd note that the original TM and clones are under-sized, while (e.g.) the VFC is 1:1, so any advice about what fits what will be conditional.

These are a thing.

DE40465B-F2AF-4042-9102-B6951FBBDCF6.jpeg

5 hours ago, Groot said:

I love my TM GBB MP7 but i would not even consider trying to carry it around if i was playing the sniper role. 

It's just too big and heavy. It would get more in the way and not enough usage to make it worth while.

Go with a decent pistol. If you must spray and pray. An 18C 

cheers guys.

I do know what you mean, it’s not the smallest of potential side arms. I play a few massive fields that encompass a number of playing styles, I suppose my mates prefer cqb while I longer ranged stuff. 

Guest Mr. No_Face
16 minutes ago, jakeas said:

cheers guys.

I do know what you mean, it’s not the smallest of potential side arms. I play a few massive fields that encompass a number of playing styles, I suppose my mates prefer cqb while I longer ranged stuff. 

Groot has a point, carrying an MP7 around as a side arm gets in the way. Even if you get yourself a sturdy leg holster your movements will feel stifled. I've tried all options when I was running a Ronin TK45c and mp7 at the same time. Went from leg holster + hip mount combo, to double slings and it felt uncomfortable. You're gonna start feeling the weight distribution quickly and even more so if you choose to add attachments to it. But then again I have never assumed a sniper's role. If you're not moving too much and staying in your "sniper's hide" then it might not be a problem.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome.  Not that I have either, but I'd note that the original TM and clones are under-sized, while (e.g.) the VFC is 1:1, so any advice about what fits what will be conditional.

These are a thing.

I have this. It's great. I literally ran it today, but in my opinion you have to take the top strap off so it's snug at the top of your leg otherwise it does what all drop leg holsters do and swing around your knee awkwardly.

12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

These are a thing.

D806C900-FF53-49AE-ADC2-66EB1F884863.jpeg

C60D4C22-7C20-4920-912C-B80658B06FD4.thumb.jpeg.b206489b9bcfce4ef41b85c0055d746f.jpeg

I  ordered this last night for £40, if it’s not right I’ll send it back but literally the only thing that looks like it will allow a red dot or the mag to be fit

19 hours ago, jakeas said:

Cheers Halo and good luck, let us know how it goes! I have considered the EG ones to be the best by the looks of it. I do fear the weight is going to be an issue though. 😕

J

Which is the eg one?

I run an mp7 as a secondary for my dmr and use a single point sling and weapons catch to keep it in place

It's not a rapid solution to deploy but its solid enough and out the way and allows me to change roles in the field, if you get rushed and need to switch quickly then this is not the solution for you but if you need to be able to switch to engage within MED for village clearance etc it works  very well.

20211208_230210.jpg

Mine actually sits extra proud as i have it mounted to a safakiland qls so i can leave it behind if im running a battle rifle

16390050392761682396880374727709.jpg

16390050495676965374346250006474.jpg

5 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Does it not flap about like an absolutely terrified salmon?

Nope, to my surprise the weapons catch actually holds it very firmly and just heigher than the centre point of the weapon.

I would say it flaps about as much as a moderately discruntled whale.

I only just tolerate a mk23 high on the hip with a home made low profile holster mounted on a blackhawk serpa platform . I've always found them the best for not flapping about. That said an mp7 is a big lump even the tm version.

4 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

Nope, to my surprise the weapons catch actually holds it very firmly and just heigher than the centre point of the weapon.

Fair enough! Rather the whale than the salmon any day!

I have one of these attached to a SafariLand QLS: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Design-Speedy-Holster-Airsoft-Aisoft/dp/B0116NJQ6S/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=smg+holster&qid=1639057799&sr=8-5

I use the mp7 as a secondary for the sniper load-out and switch the holster between pistol (m4 load-out) and mp7, both on the QLS.

This works really well although the above holster is a bit of  faff to get the mp7 in to if you are in a hurry.

This thing isn’t a secondary weapon is it…….it looks daft holstered give the size of it, it must also weigh close to a full rifle!  😃

Can’t imagine a sniper crawling on the ground with that anchored on…..

Im DMR myself hence why I thought I’d go for the MP5K but I should have probably gone for that super pistol (can’t remember the name of it that all snipers love!)

im having same issue trying to work out a holster product for this C11D4D42-7316-4257-9AD2-9EDD5835F868.thumb.jpeg.53c97194fc2c01fe1433ff741f7fa3fe.jpeg

Edited by Halo

On 11/12/2021 at 08:31, Halo said:

This thing isn’t a secondary weapon is it…….it looks daft holstered give the size of it, it must also weigh close to a full rifle!  😃

Can’t imagine a sniper crawling on the ground with that anchored on…..

Im DMR myself hence why I thought I’d go for the MP5K but I should have probably gone for that super pistol (can’t remember the name of it that all snipers love!)

I have both an mp5k and an mp7 and I can honestly say the mp5k is heavier and harder to carry alongside my sniper rifle, and mine is barebones without any sights. I end up carrying my mp5k on a fairly tight two-point sling because with the front grip and the magazine, finding a holster solution for it is hard. If I was smart, I'd try to 3d print something akin to the mk23 holster, but alas, I am the dumb when it comes to that.

The drop leg holster for the mp7 works really well while crawling around, though I've removed the top part of the strap so it rests a lot higher on my leg to stop it flopping about like most drop legs. Can't speak for the chest mount; that would be impossible to crawl around with! :D 

On 09/12/2021 at 08:47, Mad-Al said:

No offense but that does not seem practical to me, looks like it's pulling your whole plate carrier down on one side and how would you go prone without being uncomfortable? Also, doesn't it block your arm quite a bit?

On 05/12/2021 at 01:08, jakeas said:

Hello folks, been a while since I’ve done the forum thing! So thanks for having me! 🙂 

Odd one really, the mp7 platform seems to be that nice perfect middle ground between side arm and main… in my mind it offers a perfect compliment to the Sniper role… However, there seems to be quite little interns of reliable and comfortable holster carry options. There are the numerous cheap material holsters obviously but I am concerned about how practical these will turn out to be in use… 

So has any got experience of holster carried mp7 use? 

cheers! 
J

IMO mp7s are too big for holsters. If you have it on your thigh it's going to flap about when you run and if it's on your waist you will have uneven weight distribution which is a problem for most battle belts as they rely on even pressure to stay tight on your body.

Also, in airsoft the performance advantage of a GBB Mp7 over a GBB pistol (hi-capas, full auto glocks etc) is minimal to non-existent.

I get running one just because they're cool, though. And in that case I'd just throw it around my back on a one-point sling. Not great for rifles IMO but they're pretty good at keeping things tight to your body, it will flap about a bit but at least it won't pull anything down and if you're sniping you can always set it down to one side.

• 2 months later...

Ghillied up or not? I may have missed that. 

I have SEEN a similar set up to Mad Al with a single point/bungee sling. Strong side simple weapon catch (C shaped clip) rear of hip. No optic on it I think. Worked for the guy as he could go prone on his front and deploy it pretty swiftly. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.