Looking Back at My First Glock-Type GBB and it's Slightly Odd Modifications

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Don't we all have memories of wanting the be the "cool kid"? 

And in my case, I thought having an airsoft pistol that looked like one in my at the time favourite game, which was really just a Gen 3 with a silver slide.

It's the first time in a long time I've had this gun in my hands and it has a few slightly odd modifications that I'm not sure how I came up with. Again I was just 11, but it was still me. Where I live it is illegal for someone under 18 to handle an airsoft gun without adult supervision and the guns were locked up at all other times. .....I still remember waking up my parents at 6 AM because I wanted to continue working on it.

• "Built" on a WE EU17 Gen 3 •

• Instead of just the slide, almost all metal parts have been sanded down to metal, including even the trigger pins. 

• The back plate is partially sanded which gives it a "striped" look.

• While a bit hard to tell without comparison, the Dust Cover has actually been slightly filed back to give it a "sharper" look.

• The inner barrel has been "hidden" by painting the tip black with a sharpie.

• The outer barrel has also been filed back so a suppressor would sit straight. The threads are worn out by now.

• The outer barrel is two toned, why I did this I don't really know. The front and chamber are silver while the barrel itself is still black.

• The spring guide rod looks like it has also been filed, possibly to match the slightly shorter modified outer barrel.

• The magazine plate has been painted silver, I think this was also done with a marker.

The "slightly" blurry picture is the Glock as it appears in Pyrozen's "Sift Heads" Flash Game Series, Which started the initial idea.

IMG_20211205_005905.jpg

IMG_20211205_005922.jpg

IMG_20211205_005926.jpg

IMG_20211205_005936.jpg

IMG_20211205_005948.jpg

IMG_20211205_010003.jpg

1212.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.