Medic'ing bandages etc

chrisbirley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

im going to a battlesim later this month, and part of it requires the use of bandages/ tourniquets for being able to be medic'd back in. ive got some field dressings, but they are bloody massive, and take a good length ot time to wrap due to them being about 5 miles long. i was wondering what other poeple used. ive seen over in the US part of the Mmilsim West group do (or did) mock tourniquets that were just elasticated velcro straps to simulate the process. does anyone know where these or anything like it can be bought from, or do people just buy a roll of bandages from their local supermarkets, and cut it into 1m strips?

thanks in advance

• Supporters

I'd ask the organisers.  They may have their own ideas about what constitutes a magic sponge, or they may hand them out to medics. Bear in mind that you'll either have to get yours back, or write them off.

Without any indicators to the contrary, I'd be bringing the thinnest, cheapest strips of cut up piss-stained bedsheet[*] and not expecting them back.

[*] It was the cat, honest.

I'd ask them.

If it's anything like most ones running this rule, the site has always provided them.

They likely won't be actual bandages, but syrips of white cloth you have to tie onto the injured player.

thanks all - the organisers do say about a proper bandage or a tourniquet system - im happy look at standard bandages but they start to fray and look shit - imo. one site i went to with the medic rule people were just slipping on the tourniquet esque band and carrying on - so it was quick and siple, but others wer spending ages putting on a bandage. so figured id ask what the general consensus was.

and no i dont want to have a real tourniquet, as i know that they can be dangerous if used incorrectly, hence why i was after a mock style one like Milsim West offered

I just have a black elastic armband with velcro on it. I haven't gone to an event where it hasn't been good enough.

• Supporters

Go to boots and buy a bandage ? There only like £1.40 or something like that . 
don’t over think it . 👍

• Supporters
3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Battlesims

It might depend on how real life real military real millsim your real-battle realsim is.

Honestly, the amount of "how do?" in airsoft that could be answered by one query to the Dungeon Master of the LARP in question.

57 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

be answered by one query to the Dungeon Master of the LARP in question.

Calling them like it is. 

The sim i did i took small bandages that were like 21p in bulk, bought some medic scissors, went the whole nine yards. The 'medics' team were using bandanas that they were barely wrapping before tapping chest to say you are back in.

So yeah, check and ask. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.