sourcing replacement springs for GBBs

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So was doing a frame swap on a 1911 and I unintentional made a sacrifice to the airsoft gods when despite my best a

efforts a sear spring flew across the room to who knows where. I really resent paying £8 for a set of replacement springs, so is there any way to find out spring specs so I can just order off an ebay seller?

Yes.

Fund somebody with the same gun, get them to measure it.

For what’s it’s worth, I just paid over a grand to get some springs copied for a long out of production gun lol

• Supporters
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I just paid over a grand to get some springs copied for a long out of production gun lol

tenor.gif

I honestly can't imagine how you could pay that much to buy every conceivable spring that might possibly suit, then throwing most of them away.

Well, if you can get the measurements, https://springsandthings.me.uk/ is a decent source for small springs.

On 03/12/2021 at 23:36, Rogerborg said:

tenor.gif

I honestly can't imagine how you could pay that much to buy every conceivable spring that might possibly suit, then throwing most of them away.

Well, if you can get the measurements, https://springsandthings.me.uk/ is a decent source for small springs.

Three different springs, custom, few hundred of each. Most of the cost is in design and set up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.