Galaxy MP5K ‘death machine’ conversion and holster setup?

Halo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning gents,

I’d seen on this forum a couple of people recommending this plastic fantastic PDW but sadly it’s an almost impossible find these days!  

Not to be deterred, I tried and tried and tried but alas I couldn’t get one either, EU don’t want to post to us anymore…..!  So off I trundled down to Fubar Bundy (Leeds) explaining ‘oooooo I would love one of those plastic fantastics, can’t get one xyz’, and then like a rabbit out of a hat Steve pulls one out from under the counter!  Destiny!?

So naturally and without even asking if it was available or the price I basically requested that they turn this cheap plastic looking but light as fooook apartus into a ‘death machine’….I’ll dig into the psychosis of that request later as this new hobby seems to be unearthing worrying traits I didn’t realise existed (but I LIKE IT! 😃)

And with that the tech whiz’s came up with:

Rare as rocking horse shit’ Galaxy MP5K

ASG piston head

Gate Titan advanced v2

Maple leaf omega hop nub

Maple leaf 60 super macaron hop rubber

Rocket 13:1 CNC high speed gear set

Rocket / SHS shim set

SNS 14T full metal rack poly piston

G&P bearing spring guide

—————

Total £494…..

I might stick my Sparc AR and x3 on there also not sure yet…..

I tested it in the range and within a couple seconds I knew this thing was terrifying!!  I didn’t unload the rest of the mag either as the amount of bb ricochet was immense!  I don’t understand what the upgrades are…..don’t need to!

The idea is to have something better than a pistol that can shoot effectively 30m that I can use when I’m too close (DMR limits) or at times when overwhelmed have some suppressing fire!  I’ve no intention of unloading full auto into anyone…..*

*T&C In the unlikely event your senses are dulled to a point (maybe some mild brain damage) that you don’t take your hits then site regulators will accept that 40+ rds/second may be unleashed ‘legally’ into your entire body for any duration of time!

I’ll have to tune a few settings for this one, 3 part trigger would be nice, not sure I can yet but will check ( 1 / 5 / death) 

Question:

Has anyone in a DMR or Sniper role found a practical way of being able to draw anything similar quickly (as a sidearm) and without it banging about a lot?

For now I’ll also be wearing  a Haley original D3CR with dangler and flat pack 2.0 (until I get some news straps to turn into a mini rig) so the rear will be taken up a little 

50D420F6-D172-495C-BAEA-7B2C51949E77.jpeg.5338099f93c3326dc621deb012f75134.jpeg

58C6DCDD-A02C-4027-9EC9-237841C26BF5.thumb.png.f70e873a6936dfb26f1173cccc887855.png

Annoyingly it doesn’t come with the original straps for the rig so I have to buy those separately hence having to wear the flatpack but maybe it might be useful…..the whole lot was £215 so not too bad.

Theres a lot of velcro on the back and the front, maybe some sort of sling or holster, maybe a leg holster, I’m not sure what’s out there..

As for my KWA T10 I was looking at the D3 sling (when it’s back in stock) for the rifle but now I’m trying to work out how can I throw the rifle to my back and switch to the MP5 quickly when needed so any suggestions are welcome 🙏 

Edited by Halo

When running my vsr or dmr I have a weapon link which I've attached to 90° adaptor on my mp9 so it stays flat to the body.

https://bombupairsoft.co.uk/products/fma-weapon-link-retention-molle-dark-earth?variant=31913145434215

7 minutes ago, lukeB said:

In the past I've used a spider tool holster for things like pistol style grenade launchers or extra pistols.

image.png.dca83fd49b5ab1f684c915ff0ffdadff.png

That's not a bad shout. I used big luggs on a lot of my work tools, good stuff.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Halo said:

[Galaxy MP5K master race]

image.png.d87105a361a6a3f0e2a5402bb6504edd.png

1 hour ago, Halo said:

Has anyone in a DMR or Sniper role found a practical way of being able to draw anything similar quickly (as a sidearm) and without it banging about a lot?

Nah, not really, I go for security over quick draw.  Leg panel, a piece of Kydex formed into a tunnel and inserted into the molle, and a strap over the outside holds it in place snugly.  I'm barely even aware that I'm wearing it.

Without DethKannon:

image.thumb.png.e367a95eb24ec2bb9f420e2f88cd30fd.png

With DethKannon:

image.thumb.png.3de00e5fb9a6441a2e7575e205d5ea30.png

Some interesting options there, how about a modified shotgun holster, anyone do that one before?

I also found this, it’s not fast access like but looks secure and pretty smart looking 

DE40465B-F2AF-4042-9102-B6951FBBDCF6.jpeg

Edited by Halo

How much did you pay for the MP5K if you don't mind me asking as I have one kind of new in box I'm planning on selling soon.  It would be good to get an idea of the price for a new one.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

How much did you pay for the MP5K if you don't mind me asking as I have one kind of new in box I'm planning on selling soon.  It would be good to get an idea of the price for a new one.

Cheap plastic crap, mate, not even worth listing, mate, you should just PM me with your best price, mate. ;)

Banter aside, they're not magical out of the box, they're OK-ish, light, and can be upgraded to the moon.

The current new price is about £85 if you can find one in stock, which you probably can't.

I could see that holster flapping about like buggery with an MPx in it... Rogerborgs solution looks best IMO. Quick draw works great until you find out the damn thing's fell out in the mud somewhere...

Good luck finding one in stock. Or any airsoft gun right now. Everyone's went mental and cleared the shelves of guns everywhere and supply problems continue indefinitely.

Years ago I knocked this up out of an old taser holster. I cut the back section out, removed the foam inside and ran the strap through the belt attachment. It held the gun secure, but reholstering it was nowhere near quick. 

FB_IMG_1638578054992.thumb.jpg.bee618e19d08231a08d65c41170d2c96.jpg

Unfortunately a few hours after this was taken I went arse over tit and landed on the gun knackering it and only got round to replacing it a few months ago 

Edited by Cannonfodder

13 hours ago, Halo said:

Some interesting options there, how about a modified shotgun holster, anyone do that one before?

I also found this, it’s not fast access like but looks secure and pretty smart looking 

DE40465B-F2AF-4042-9102-B6951FBBDCF6.jpeg

I have one of these for my mp7 and I can tell you for sure it doesn't work with my mp5k for reasons outlined by @Rogerborg. I've tried working out a way to do it and it just won't.

C607C14D-6055-4EB7-91B7-A1800C900F83.thumb.jpeg.1c8b3b0bc6d110de44b213d479326b4c.jpeg9C0EFF25-E982-49A4-95AB-ED47CC5C7F1D.thumb.jpeg.33e06251a7b0e0c8b9770f70d0acc36a.jpeg

710A63F0-AEDD-41FC-BE19-538652702F95.jpeg

The little part on the end of the galaxy how does this come out, almost looks wrong way round to me but the flash hider does fit on top and clicks when pressed 

Edited by Halo

Take the rail off and there should be a small grub screw on the bottom. Take that out and it unscrews. 

Does anyone know what size the threads are for a surpressor? I thought it was 14mm, but the can with those size threads is very loose

• Supporters

Oh, that model.  Sorry, no idea, I have the short-short MP5K version that needs an innie-to-outie thread converter to mount most tracers or suppressors (or loudeners).

It looks like that stocked and railed up... interpretation... is indeed the only one available at the moment.

I suspect that thead is supposed to be 14mm, on one of my MP5's it was bloody awfull , supressor or tracer wobbled on the threads. Replaced the fitting in the end and it's fine now.

Thing is I had it off, I remember it’s all being one piece though but the flash hider won’t seem to screw on tight to the muzzle (if that’s the right word?) so I think it would either pull off or screw off but when I look at it closer it looks like it’s part of the furniture and doesn’t suggest it would be removed, I’m having a senior moment I think!!

Usually just help with agrubscrew on the bottom of the gas block , at least on a 'normal' MP5 . Have you had the rail off ? I would imagine the grub screw is hidden under that

Not the greatest pictures , but 

location of grub screw 

PC060001.thumb.JPG.01184ef14970e5868d1c55f21db75bb1.JPG

And the front removed.

PC060002.thumb.JPG.6e90cd584f10db8490595b5f63c63729.JPG

Cheers it doesn’t have a grub that I’ve seen, I think anti-clockwise would loosen it but don’t want to risk it….I’ll take back to the shop, they still need to sort the wiring to deans on the battery….

oh btw what do people recommend battery wise?  It’s got a gate advanced in there so the original no longer fits so it’s getting a different one but I’ve noticed some saying used a higher powered one

On 06/12/2021 at 09:55, Nick G said:

Usually just help with agrubscrew on the bottom of the gas block , at least on a 'normal' MP5 . Have you had the rail off ? I would imagine the grub screw is hidden under that

Not the greatest pictures , but 

location of grub screw 

PC060001.thumb.JPG.01184ef14970e5868d1c55f21db75bb1.JPG

And the front removed.

PC060002.thumb.JPG.6e90cd584f10db8490595b5f63c63729.JPG

I can see that screw now actually, but oddly I’d had it off without touching that or the rail l but yeah it’s there cheers 

A7DFEE59-EA42-4F36-BD26-E0AC27E670B9.thumb.jpeg.f1ea539970c7688535d1df7defd59c4e.jpeg

until I get my 3d mount for my Venom this is all I have spare to use! 😃

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.