Are these guns a stupid idea

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
Just now, BigStew said:

high caps are very cleverly designed but tend to miss feed mid caps do not

What he said ! I’ve got a TM P90 and I’ve never come across anyone who likes the hi-caps !

I run a mix of MAG and Silverback mids in mine and I’ve never had a problem with the ammo feeding.

Had a Cyma Galil for a while , cracking good gun but the mags can be a right ball ache to source for it especially mids , AND seeing as I hate hi-caps with a passion that was a bit of a problem ? 😉

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Apparantly the Krytac P90 has solved the P90 mag issue... But I don't know personally and it could be just hype. 

Mp5s can be had in many flavours. Just make sure you go for one with a decent hop unit and externals that can handle the gearbox vibration from moving the hop unit adjustment whilst firing. 

Galil. I got a buddy selling a Cyma one if that is of interest. I have no experience of Galils myself.

but its a Krytac so its stupidly over priced.  if RostokMcSpoons is not interest in the Galil can i get some details please?

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

but its a Krytac so its stupidly over priced.  if RostokMcSpoons is not interest in the Galil can i get some details please?

Go for it, I don't have ready cash to buy immediately. 

Ok, I'm definitely going to have to build my BF4 gun someday, the idea of replicating that wacky paint job that I've had in-game for several years now is just tooooo tempting! 

Add in the fact the cheap Amazon red dot sight...

Feyachi Reflex Sight - Adjustable Reticle (4 Styles) Both Red and Green in one Sight https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087PSPP48/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_FA1PB4J5FEE1PD2MV5R1

...is an absolute twin of the Coyote sight in the game means it just has to be done. 

The only missing element is the stubby grip.  Is there a way to fit a RIS to the fore grip?  I've seen there is a triple RIS system that replaces the foregrip entirely but it's hellishly expensive 😟

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I have a G&G L85, easily the worst rif I own.  Heavy, unergonomic, and unreliable.  It lasted two short games and the ETU shat itself.  Budget in a Perun at the least I'd say.

On the plus side, it's a sort of favourite.  For milsims it's a decent replica.  I notice that my ex-infantry pal who fields one all the time, has no probs at all, re crap ergonomics.  

Being airsoft, the 'it's cool' factor is a major consideration.  

my ICS has lasted 3 years unmodded and not missed a beat....   well it doesn't like semi anymore.

beyond that its a great gun. but it is the sort where you have to want a certain look or loadout

An update as I found Dave's custom airsoft has the Snow Wolf AUG at a much better price and it's in stock (well, they'll let you order it and it'll turn up within a couple of weeks...)

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/sw-020t-aug-aeg-olive?search=aug

£124

The Cybergun F2000 is there for the same price as elsewhere, £180

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/fn-f2000-assault-rifle-replica-tan?search=f2000

They've also got the Ares shorty L85 with SUSAT for a somewhat tempting £340.  (I really would prefer the classic full-length L85, but the SUSAT is worth a fair bit on its own, and the shorty look I am definitely up for, with other guns at least)
https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/l85-afv-subcarbine-replica?search=l85

As I'm going to really annoy my wife by asking for airsoft kit for Xmas it'll come down to either the AUG or a TM GBB pistol :D
I suspect the pistol to be honest... my AK is running well but I've not swapped away from my M4 as yet.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

An update as I found Dave's custom airsoft has the Snow Wolf AUG at a much better price and it's in stock (well, they'll let you order it and it'll turn up within a couple of weeks...)

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/sw-020t-aug-aeg-olive?search=aug

£124

The Cybergun F2000 is there for the same price as elsewhere, £180

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/fn-f2000-assault-rifle-replica-tan?search=f2000

They've also got the Ares shorty L85 with SUSAT for a somewhat tempting £340.  (I really would prefer the classic full-length L85, but the SUSAT is worth a fair bit on its own, and the shorty look I am definitely up for, with other guns at least)
https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/l85-afv-subcarbine-replica?search=l85

As I'm going to really annoy my wife by asking for airsoft kit for Xmas it'll come down to either the AUG or a TM GBB pistol :D
I suspect the pistol to be honest... my AK is running well but I've not swapped away from my M4 as yet.

I ordered a CYMA AK from Daves customs it did arrive just within the 2 weeks

Avid AUG user, and own enough parts to make 3 in various Guizes.

One of my favorite AEG's. and gets used more than anything else i own, its a JG base with various bits and bobs.

219351694_10161585095215620_9025279187936690440_n.jpg

@MandalShArK That's a fine loadout!

@BigStew  Which AK did you get?  I do love the idea of a metal + wood/polymer AK at some point (i.e. if my TM AK dies)

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

@MandalShArK That's a fine loadout!

@BigStew  Which AK did you get?  I do love the idea of a metal + wood/polymer AK at some point (i.e. if my TM AK dies)

Cyma ak74 side folding stock. I want to swap the polymer furniture for wood at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but as I've got the go ahead to spend some money on myself for a Chrimbo present, I'm actively looking at the Cybergun F2000 for an immediate purchase.

Until I saw the size of the battery compartment again anyway.  That stopped me in my tracks

Am I going to have but to buy a special battery for this gun?  It looks like only small PEQ box or short nunchuck style will fit?  

Any specific recommendations? 

Without a MOSFET I'm going to have to be careful with a Li-Po, unless I can slip my battery monitor in there too...?

34 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but as I've got the go ahead to spend some money on myself for a Chrimbo present, I'm actively looking at the Cybergun F2000 for an immediate purchase.

Until I saw the size of the battery compartment again anyway.  That stopped me in my tracks

Am I going to have but to buy a special battery for this gun?  It looks like only small PEQ box or short nunchuck style will fit?  

Any specific recommendations? 

Without a MOSFET I'm going to have to be careful with a Li-Po, unless I can slip my battery monitor in there too...

Unless you are planning to run an 11.1v lipo you do not need a MOSFET. 7.4v is equivalent to a standard nicad battery (what ever that is been that long time since I ran a nicad battery) if you are definitely going for a cybergun F2000 try and find out who is the OEM can't confirm but it might be a G&G (multiple different versions some have ETUs fitted) or might be a JG so function build quality/finish will vary. Or rumours are wrong and it's just a JG in which case don't over pay.

If it helps, when I buy, I have a figure in mind on the maximum I want to spend, then I spend time looking and generally find it, like the pistol I purchased yesterday online, I could see plenty of places had discounted already but were still £15 to £25 more expensive for the same item, found one sub £100.

Regarding the figure, stick to it and hunt around the internet as there will be a vendor wanting to offload some stock for Christmas.

It's definitely not g&g as this one uses a v3 gearbox and is standard parts whereas the g&g build has proprietary parts.

Well that's how I understand it anyway.

Negative Airsoft did a service on one and he started he preferred it to the g&g version.  Annoyingly I can't find the particular video or I'd link it here.

Not sure whether it's actually made by Cyma or JG.

It's £175/£180 everywhere.  I know that's probably a bit steep, but sod it, I can either have it now or not at all, so have to make a rapid decision.  I'll buy it from JD Airsoft as I'll take up their bargain bio bb offer at the same time, making the £10 p&p that bit easier to swallow.

Edit: 

JD Airsoft did a good job with a quick reply to my battery query, they think a 1450mAH stick will fit in there, which I guess refers to this 

https://jdairsoft.net/np-11-1v-1450mah-single-lipo-battery-deans9

A bit surprised if they're suggesting an 11.1v but there you go.

Anyway I ought to be ok with my Titan 7.4v.  Result!

Edit2:

Haha, I should have read the JD airsoft description!

The F2000 rifle is without a doubt one of the most difficult to get hold of airsoft guns on the market, to the point that this model, previously manufactured by G&G, is long discontinued.

So now we have a completely different model, manufactured by CYMA and about £150 cheaper than G&G's version. An ABS composite injection moulded exterior bristling with aluminium, alloy and steel parts. 

Efficient on the field and for CQB.

This is the new version of the FN2000 built by CYMA for Cybergun and features the new V.3 metal gearbox, metal spring guide and high torque motor.

Comes with high capacity magazine 470 rounds & manual.

No battery or charger included.

Velocity Feet Per Second (FPS): 355
 Gearbox Version (GBV): 3
Edited by RostokMcSpoons

It's a done-deal already @BigStew, I went with the Cybergun at near half that price.  As it's built by Cyma now, it'll hopefully go for a while before I need to start getting some bits for it.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2021 at 13:28, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've got my Double Eagle M906C as my primary.  I've got my TM AK-47S as my alternative.  I've got my Classic Army M15A3 (M16 A2) as a ... something or other (It's not quite shooting straight, I'll raise another thread about that)

But damnit, three guns isn't enough to stop me lusting after something else!

Top of my current wish-list is the old Tactical Tuna itself, the F2000... 

image.png.19ebd2d4d4458412f2aaa17d1ec21f35.png
£175 here https://www.socomtactical.net/cybergun-fn-f2000-aeg-black/ 

Several reasons for this gun as my front-runner

• My fave gun in Battlefield 4.   I'd need a stubby front grip and red dot sight to complete the look
  • Cheap(ish)
  • High-ish rate of fire (18rps)
  • Can take my metal high-cap STANAG mags.  I've got 5 already... keeps the cost down

Next up is some variety of L85

image.png.f4336725d044dfdb53bf6ecea9ddc8d4.png

£185 here https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r85a1-l85-sa80-aeg-replica-in-black.html

(Allegedly this is basically the same as the much more expensive G&G version, and they're both likely to break - so might as well have the cheap one!)

I got mildly obsessed with this gun back when I was 10, and in my gun books it was still the SA80 in 4.85mm.  I really wish there was a version of that, as it looks really cool...

Also takes my STANAGs.

Downside is these things weigh too much.  But hey-ho.

And lastly (for the moment) some sort of Steyr AUG. Preferably a shortened version

image.png.9b816f0eb8f2c167d8890dfc74ba9912.png

Yowzers, £130! https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r904-steyr-aug-cqb-version-in-olive-drab.html

I'd rather have a rail than the integrated optic though, so more likely... 

£115(!)  https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/army-armament-r901-steyr-aug-bb-gun-in-black.html 

or if I'm feeling flush and can blow £280 + extra for mags, then good ol' TM High Cycle...
https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-high-cycle-steyr-aug-airsoft-gun-aeg-black

So yeah, I'm a bit of a fan of bullpups, and actually all 3 of these are amongst my most-used in Battlefield 4 so I have a strong affinity with them from that.

But are they too sh*t to actually contemplate buying?   
Are there gotchas I should consider that should stop me from making an impulse purchase of a cheap one (of any make) from the Classifieds?

(I was actually expecting to pay £170+ for any of these, so the cheap AA ones were a big surprise - feel free to suggest other manufacturers!)

The army armament R85 isn’t very good. It doesn’t always fire on semi and the EBB broke within 10 shots on mine. As well as this, the motor came out of alignment within 6 hours and it is terrible to put back together.

58 minutes ago, TM27 said:

The army armament R85 isn’t very good. It doesn’t always fire on semi and the EBB broke within 10 shots on mine. As well as this, the motor came out of alignment within 6 hours and it is terrible to put back together.

Second this. The gearbox set does not align properly and WILL fail you. 

Cheers guys, when I get around to filling the L85-sized hole in my growing collection, I'll give the AA one a swerve.

I believe the 'not firing on semi' is a thing common to all of the mechanically-triggered L85s, because the gearbox is partial to half-cycling. 

Only a MOSFET with some active breaking / pre-cocking can really sort that out...?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.