Travail Fitness

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone had any recent dealings with Travail Fitness?

I placed an order on 27 Oct for a set of 4.5kg multicurve plates, all absolutely standard, no special colours or graphics. Paid in full by PayPal and expected delivery within a week or so as stated on the order.

I'm still waiting for any contact from them. I've emailed, I've used the contact form on the website, called their messaging service and sent a DM on Insta. Absolute radio silence apart from the initial order acknowledgement. 

Their product does look great, based on AATV's YouTube reviews, and I do want the plates not just for airsoft but as a weight vest for running, but I'm concerned by their lack of contact. 

Anyone experienced anything similar with them? 

I heard very mixed reviews on the customer contact front, but having seen the product, they are good.

Having said that I tried for a set but in the end I gave up trying to get any communication out of them and made my own weights.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

• Supporters

I find it remarkable how communicative companies can become when they have a dispute raised against them.

Just whatever you do, don't resolve it until you either have the product or your money back.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I find it remarkable how communicative companies can become when they have a dispute raised against them.

Just whatever you do, don't resolve it until you either have the product or your money back.

I've seen you dish that advice out before and keep it in mind. 

I get that it's a small operation and not a full time business, but a one liner to say "Sorry, absolutely snowers at the moment but I'll get you your order to you by x" would go a long way.

Massive caveat that this is pure "grapevine" but I have heard similar things for a while now to the point that when I came to acquire some weighted plates I assumed they were essentially out of business and went to tridentgearco instead. if you want something heavier than trident's 4.2kg a pair set then you could maybe look at https://www.hr4k.co.uk/products/hr4k-plates 

13 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Anyone had any recent dealings with Travail Fitness?

I placed an order on 27 Oct for a set of 4.5kg multicurve plates, all absolutely standard, no special colours or graphics. Paid in full by PayPal and expected delivery within a week or so as stated on the order.

I'm still waiting for any contact from them. I've emailed, I've used the contact form on the website, called their messaging service and sent a DM on Insta. Absolute radio silence apart from the initial order acknowledgement. 

Their product does look great, based on AATV's YouTube reviews, and I do want the plates not just for airsoft but as a weight vest for running, but I'm concerned by their lack of contact. 

Anyone experienced anything similar with them? 

Yep that's similar to my experience. they only shipped them out when i kicked up a stink on a large facebook airsoft group, raising a dispute is probably required too at this point. They are still making them though and unfortunately they are the best plates available.... so definitely a catch 22.

Just as an FYI I believe the HR4K ones @GeorgePlaysAirsoft linked are possibly made by travail but i could be wrong. definitely look like they have the same profile anyway.

2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Massive caveat that this is pure "grapevine" but I have heard similar things for a while now to the point that when I came to acquire some weighted plates I assumed they were essentially out of business and went to tridentgearco instead. if you want something heavier than trident's 4.2kg a pair set then you could maybe look at https://www.hr4k.co.uk/products/hr4k-plates 

Thanks for the advice and link. One to keep in the back pocket depending on how this plays out.

1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

Yep that's similar to my experience. they only shipped them out when i kicked up a stink on a large facebook airsoft group, raising a dispute is probably required too at this point. They are still making them though and unfortunately they are the best plates available.... so definitely a catch 22.

Just as an FYI I believe the HR4K ones @GeorgePlaysAirsoft linked are possibly made by travail but i could be wrong. definitely look like they have the same profile anyway.

I'm thinking/hoping that a PayPal dispute may kick things into gear. They do look good though so I would prefer the plates rather than a refund.

Out of interest how long ago did you order?

23 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Out of interest how long ago did you order?

pretty much exactly a year ago, not dealt with him since unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Update on this - situation still the same; absolutely zero comms from Travail so a PayPal dispute has been filed. I'm massively disappointed as, as I've said before, they look to be the best plates around. Just waiting on an email to say the HR4K plates are back in stock. 

Edited by C-Diddy
Typo

3 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Update on this - situation still the same; absolutely zero comms from Travail so a PayPal dispute has been filed. I'm massively disappointed as, as I've said before, they look to be the best plates around. Just waiting on an email to say the H24K plates are back in stock. 

I'm sorry it came to that. Sadly it seems to be the way with him at the moment, but hopefully H2R4K will get some in soon.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.