Revolvers

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking a getting a revolver for mostly home shooting and display but not sure what one to get.

I have found three Iike the look of but not sure what good, I think Umarex newer model then the rest?

Umarex smith & wesson m29 3inch I like this one the most.

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/umarex-smith-wesson-m29-3-co2-revolver/

King arms 2.5

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/king-arms-2-5-357-custom-i-gas-full-metal-black-ka-pg-01-s-gas

ASG dan wesson 715

https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-pistols-c38/pistols-c42/asg-dan-wesson-715-2-5-steel-grey-co2-revolver-p8564

Thanks for any advice.

I have owned a 6inch ASG Dan wesson never had any issues but range and accuracy is not good. could hit a target at 20m. The Umarex have only just been released this year and no idea who actually is the OEM. not heard good things about the king arms poor power and leaks badly.

• Supporters

Gonna throw this one out there to another member, @k.a, very knowledgeable member when it comes to revolvers in particular, he'll put you straight.

The umarex m29 is a fairly new model other 2 are serviceable. No Airsoft revolver keeps up with a lot of pistols but they are fun. Always shoot better used single action where possible. I've had a few Tanakas that shoot nice but even they can be iffy especially over time and use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters
8 hours ago, Makis said:

Just bought an 8"29 and it is useless, 6" groups at 20 feet with .2 gr balls ! It is now an expensive ornament.

Regards, Makis

So you said, but you didn't say whether you'd cleaned the barrel, silicone greased the air-seal components and/or adjusted what appears to be an adjustable hop unit.

This isn't Facebook.

I have some experience using revolvers for competition use.

the Dan Wesson are very hit and miss, it’s only worth getting one with the adjustable hop

even when they work you tend to find that as already stated single action is usually better than double as the cylinder lines up more regularly than when double auctioned via the trigger.

i usually get a random flyer in every cylinder regardless of how I shoot it. (It’s not the same chamber or cartridge every time).

make sure if you are purchasing new you get the moonclip ready cylinder as this provides another loading option as the quick loader slightly fouls on the body of the gun when the gate is swung out so if you prefer loading with moon clips you are sorted.

they are pretty consistent and with adjustable hop they are not bad at all, my hop rubber did look like it was covered in candle wax though and a good clean transformed the range.

the 715 is the better system with the forward opening lever but the choice is yours

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.