Couldn’t help myself.

TheNotoriousLoki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Please send it back if within the two weeks period. I also had the same gun, used it to plink in the garden and eventually as a backup gun. First time I skirmished it parts started falling off.

Get one of these instead:

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-weapons/assault-rifles-aeg/cm028b-tactical-assault-rifle-replica?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Or

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/cyma-cm-011-g36c-aeg-black

Edited by emit

My lad was caught out by one of these once.  He waited too long to return it and ended up slinging the thing.  Worst rif and worse customer 'service' he ever encountered.   

I wish that he had had the advice that you have received.  Return the thing and buy a G&G Combat Machine or CYMA.  

I am going to keep the gun and use it as a back yard plinking gun.

my fiancé is going to buy me a gun for Xmas so we are going to sit down later and see what we can get. 

There is nothing wrong with that Bulldog rifle, It's an SRC which, whilst not the best rifle you could have gotten for the money, is still skirmishable. It has a metal gearbox. A couple of upgrades, like the hop rubber and a better battery and I am sure it will be fine. It could brick itself, but then again most rifles brick themselves. 

Edited by Asomodai

53 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

There is nothing wrong with that Bulldog rifle, It's an SRC which, whilst not the best rifle you could have gotten for the money, is still skirmishable. It is a metal gearbox. A couple of upgrades, like the hop rubber and a better battery and I am sure it will be fine. It could brick itself, but then again most rifles brick themselves. 

Where would be the best place to look for a better rubber upgrade? 

;)

Actually you can buy hop rubbers off eBay...  like this... complete with Omega nub
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322773517760?hash=item4b26cd05c0:g:nxwAAOSw-31adg5J

(disclaimer: I don't know whether this particular one is good for your gun but it's what I've been recommended for my M4)

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Actually you can buy hop rubbers off eBay...  like this... complete with Omega nub
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322773517760?hash=item4b26cd05c0:g:nxwAAOSw-31adg5J

(disclaimer: I don't know whether this particular one is good for your gun but it's what I've been recommended for my M4)

Yup, that's the fellow.  I'd suggest 50 degree + nub, although 60 will work as well.

Hey, that's @ak2m4 - great seller, his shop is at https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the omega nubs, but many people are.  Just a shame that he's out of stock of the cheaper soft Gear Parts knock off, although the hard would probably work as well as anything in airsoft does.

And you don't have to change anything, just clean out the barrel, and ideally the stock hop rubber too - hopefully the Bulldog will come with a cleaning rod.

Feed it 0.28g BBs if it will hop them (I'd hope so, and it almost certainly will if you put a Maple Leaf rubber in), or 0.25g at a pinch, and enjoy it for what it is.

As @Asomodai notes, it's a fairly generic M4 and anything in it that does break can be sorted or replaced.

42 minutes ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

Where would be the best place to look for a better rubber upgrade? 

Might as well get a quality barrel at the same time as you'll be mucking around that area anyway. A ZCI/AOLS 300mm would be a good start. AK2M4 have both. 

I find that the 50 degree softer buckings just don't work as well as the 60 degree ones and will match better with the genuine Omega nub in terms of hardness.

Maple Leaf MR Hop Bucking 60 For AEG (Rubber) (ak2m4.co.uk)

Omega Nub (Maple Leaf) (ak2m4.co.uk)

ZCI AEG Inner Barrel (300mm) (ak2m4.co.uk)

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters

Although I'd again urge you to just get out and play with it and find out its baseline performance before dropping anything in it.

That said: oh, frabjous day!  ZCI plastic rotary hop units are back in stock!

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-chambers/zci-rotary-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4

If you do stick with the Bulldog and want to upgrade it, I'd go with the full set of ZCI hop unit, ZCI or AOLS barrel, and Maple Leaf rubber and nub.  That means you can put them together as a whole new unit, and if it turns out that you've got anything wrong and it's shooting weirdly on site, it's the work of a few minutes to swap the original hop+barrel back in.

If you do change the barrel, I'd measure it first, the 300mm above is suggestive.  I'd guess that yours looks more like 247mm or 229mm.

On 07/12/2021 at 15:07, Rogerborg said:

Looks tasty.

image.png.aaa1b37d461559d65bb0de3d80faf8f2.png

Oh sheeet. Not sure you could pay me enough to keep that in my house (sorry OP!).

I bought my first airsoft gun from there. Didn't do too badly though as it was a WE F(P)226.

The ones I have seen fail have suffered from poor trigger contacts, feeding issues and inoperative hops.  ZCI rotary may fix the second two for less than a tenner.  

Getting a reliable trigger may just be a case of soldering a better connection.  

Good luck if the OP keeps it, hope you get lucky.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.