Couldn’t help myself.

TheNotoriousLoki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This morning while waiting to go to work, I was browsing the Air-Soft websites which I am planning to get my gear from.

The problem is the temptation was to high and I bought my first gun and all my other gear I need (still need to get boots).

I decided on the “Bulldog M4PI RIS CQB” bundle from JustBBguns.

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/bundle-offer-bulldog-m4pi-ris-cqb-airsoft-gun-starter-set/

A carry case, extra battery, extra hi-cap mag, goggles & face mask. 

I then went over to patrol base and bought some trousers, hoodie, gloves, helmet and tax-vest.

that’s my early Christmas present to myself sorted. Now need to get the fiancé something lol.

Your just finding how addictive it is now! 💷🤪👍

Just keep an eye out, how much you get…. 😮

💷GAMBLE💷

22 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Your just finding how addictive it is now! 💷🤪👍

Just keep an eye out, how much you get…. 😮

💷GAMBLE💷

I am limiting myself to this until I have my UKARA, then I will buy a side arm. 

hopefully it won’t make my broke but knowing my luck I will get so much I won’t know what to use. 

Hi @TheNotoriousLoki 👋

It’s like that in most cases with players and their gear! 🤞🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

I would have advised to get a more recognised make of rifle and some Li-Po batteries but I hope you have fun with your purchases 👍

Thank you, fingers crossed the ones I bought will be okay. 

2 minutes ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

Thank you, fingers crossed the ones I bought will be okay. 

They should be fine, Nimh batteries just lose power as they lose charge, Lipos have pretty flat power output as they lose charge. 

16 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

They should be fine, Nimh batteries just lose power as they lose charge, Lipos have pretty flat power output as they lose charge. 

Thank you for the information, I will make sure to look into Lipos instead next time. 

I did purchase an extra battery so I have two just in case.

The first parcel has arrived from Patrol Base.

in this parcel there is my trousers, hoodie, gloves, helmet & tactical vest.

all fits great and can’t wait to play my first proper game on the 19th December. 

hopefully the rest of my gear will be here the beginning of this week. 

D30FD717-E637-4B3A-9A9D-DC5EB493847B.jpeg

0FC826EA-5AA3-4964-8111-688702F117CF.jpeg

Hi @TheNotoriousLoki 👋

Not bad, where are you going to play on the 19th? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome to the never-ending temptations of acquiring airsoft gear... Hope you're first game goes well, I'm sure you'll love it!

Best advice I could give before spending any more moolah is - get out and play, play, play, that way you'll get a feel for what you'd need/like without wasting cash on stuff that sounds or looks great but is of not much use. Looks like you've got much of what you'll need to start out. I'd recommend 2 or 3 mags for reloads and maybe a spare battery.

Don't worry too much about sidearm at this stage.

Most importantly of all, enjoy!

Eezer G

Welcome, I just hope you don't regret buying anything from JustBBGuns.  Top tip - don't buy from a site with the word 'BB' in its title, their goods are not the best quality and they exhibit some decidedly shady business practices.  When buying a beginners gun, feel free to ask on the forum but give some form of price range.  There are some excellent cheap guns out there (CYMA AKs for instance) not sure about this one you have bought though! Hope it lasts a while.

45 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Welcome, I just hope you don't regret buying anything from JustBBGuns.  Top tip - don't buy from a site with the word 'BB' in its title, their goods are not the best quality and they exhibit some decidedly shady business practices.  When buying a beginners gun, feel free to ask on the forum but give some form of price range.  There are some excellent cheap guns out there (CYMA AKs for instance) not sure about this one you have bought though! Hope it lasts a while.

I hope it lasts too, if not it’s a learning curve and I won’t be purchasing from them again. 

everything from patrol base has been good quality, I should have bought my gun from there. Fingers crossed the JBBG stuff will last. 

Unfortunately my experience of the bulldog M4 is it may last you about 2 games or less some times a bit more but don't expect much. They used to sell them at a place I did 2tone jobs for and a lot came back. I'd send it back as soon as you get it and buy something more reputable like from the GG cm range.

21 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Unfortunately my experience of the bulldog M4 is it may last you about 2 games or less some times a bit more but don't expect much. They used to sell them at a place I did 2tone jobs for and a lot came back. I'd send it back as soon as you get it and buy something more reputable like from the GG cm range.

SRC rebrand if I remember right?  

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

Well fingers crossed it last longer then two games, it’s a learning curve.

57 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

SRC rebrand if I remember right?  

I have seen a lot of SRC also on the same site, is that another brand to avoid at all costs?

53 minutes ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

Well fingers crossed it last longer then two games, it’s a learning curve.

I have seen a lot of SRC also on the same site, is that another brand to avoid at all costs?

Pretty much.  All brands have lemons and all brands have dogs that you should avoid, even high end retailers.  The trick is learning which is which.

1 hour ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

I haven't used one myself, they have been around for over 20 years, they don't have a great reputation though.  I do hear the motors are pretty good though.  What worries me about sites like JustBB is they don't give any internal pictures of the gearbox, not even an external picture.  It's the most costly part of an AEG

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

they don't give any internal pictures of the gearbox, not even an external picture.  It's the most costly part of an AEG

Can't say I've ever seen any site disassemble a gun for the product pictures. The src g36 is about their best model I'd avoid everything else but then the JG g36 is better and not much different in price.

It has all arrived and to be honest it doesn’t look or feel that bad (I don’t know what to watch out for yet but seems okay). 

it will be a starting gun which I will learn with and will probably move onto something bigger or better in the future. 

I won’t be using it on my first game as already paid for a rental so will use that to get used to it then bring it out at a later date.

BF64469D-2A6A-477C-BDF8-9825517094BA.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
9 minutes ago, TheNotoriousLoki said:

It has all arrived and to be honest it doesn’t look or feel that bad (I don’t know what to watch out for yet but seems okay). 

it will be a starting gun which I will learn with and will probably move onto something bigger or better in the future. 

I won’t be using it on my first game as already paid for a rental so will use that to get used to it then bring it out at a later date.

Great attitude to have - it sounds like you'll be into the hobby for a long time and the vast majority of us here have bought at least 2, if not over 10, RIFs during the life of the hobby. So one bad gun won't be too much of a dent in your wallet.

Having said that if you're not using it for your first game, it's not too late to send it back if you did fancy taking a chance at finding a better RIF. Feel free to ask here for any recommendations either way - whether you return it now, or start looking for a new gun in the future!

16 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Great attitude to have - it sounds like you'll be into the hobby for a long time and the vast majority of us here have bought at least 2, if not over 10, RIFs during the life of the hobby. So one bad gun won't be too much of a dent in your wallet.

Having said that if you're not using it for your first game, it's not too late to send it back if you did fancy taking a chance at finding a better RIF. Feel free to ask here for any recommendations either way - whether you return it now, or start looking for a new gun in the future!

I am going to keep the gun, it’s only a first RIF and to be honest if it doesn’t last long I will learn to do some research next time.

I have charged a battery and had a little go on it in the back garden but will probably do some proper plinking soon to set the sights in better.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.