Cyma cm040 battery compartment lose/ coming off

mike223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, All this seems to be a reoccurring issue with me having issues with guns I just bought. I have a cyma ak sent to me somewhat disassembled and tried putting it back together. Everything seems to be fine besides the battery hatch area of the gun. I can get the hatch on but it looks like it’s loose and it wiggles around and I am able to take it off without pressing down on the battery latch spring as there is enough room for it to come off. I also believe the charging handle is tucked in how it should be so I don’t think that’s the issue but maybe I’m wrong. Idk if I’m missing parts once again or this is just how it’s supposed to be. 

https://imgur.com/a/ONcsIoM
The pictures I included are probably next to useless but at least the video kinda helps describe the issue. Idk if it’s a missing part or I put it together incorrectly or what.

I can send more pics of something specific or take apart some if it and just show all the parts It came with atomic see if I’m missing anything. 

Also idk if it means anything or if it’s how the stock one is but the tip of the air nozzle sticking out that connects to the hop up is clear, so idk if that means the air nozzle and potentially other things may have been replaced or not with different parts that may be worse than stock idk just trying not to get screwed and asking since it can’t hurt.

4 hours ago, mike223 said:

Hello, All this seems to be a reoccurring issue with me having issues with guns I just bought. I have a cyma ak sent to me somewhat disassembled and tried putting it back together. Everything seems to be fine besides the battery hatch area of the gun. I can get the hatch on but it looks like it’s loose and it wiggles around and I am able to take it off without pressing down on the battery latch spring as there is enough room for it to come off. I also believe the charging handle is tucked in how it should be so I don’t think that’s the issue but maybe I’m wrong. Idk if I’m missing parts once again or this is just how it’s supposed to be. 

https://imgur.com/a/ONcsIoM
The pictures I included are probably next to useless but at least the video kinda helps describe the issue. Idk if it’s a missing part or I put it together incorrectly or what.

I can send more pics of something specific or take apart some if it and just show all the parts It came with atomic see if I’m missing anything. 

Also idk if it means anything or if it’s how the stock one is but the tip of the air nozzle sticking out that connects to the hop up is clear, so idk if that means the air nozzle and potentially other things may have been replaced or not with different parts that may be worse than stock idk just trying not to get screwed and asking since it can’t hurt.

Hard to tell by the video if you are inserting it correctly.

Cyma nozzles are transparent they aren't the always the best but they do last and my tech usually keeps them in rather then replace them. 

I think you're not pushing the cover forward enough.

If you look carefully where the front end goes you'll notice a groove that matches the shape of the cover.

Push the cover into that groove. It may be quite tight if the cover doesn't match the shape exactly. (which is often the case)

Then while still pushing forward at the front push down the rear past the release catch. (You can push in the catch as you push down on the cover)

The cover should sit on the inside of the lower body.

Back end should look like this when properly seated.

IMG_20211201_115055324.jpg.53d51b647dfe7bcbe8bd2327e1450066.jpg

Edited by EDcase

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

I think you're not pushing the cover forward enough.

If you look carefully where the front end goes you'll notice a groove that matches the shape of the cover.

Push the cover into that groove. It may be quite tight if the cover doesn't match the shape exactly. (which is often the case)

Then while still pushing forward at the front push down the rear past the release catch. (You can push in the catch as you push down on the cover)

The cover should sit on the inside of the lower body.

Back end should look like this when properly seated.

IMG_20211201_115055324.jpg.53d51b647dfe7bcbe8bd2327e1450066.jpg

I put the front end in the notch and am having issues with the back end. I can’t seem to get the back end inside the lower body as it looks like yours is. It looks like it’s close idk if I have to keep cranking down and banging on the hatch until I feel it lock in. Idk lol I don’t wanna break anything.I already tried pressing it down a bit harder and it didn’t wanna go.

https://imgur.com/a/kI0Fwf1

idk if the picture helps at all but I’m trying to get the very back end tucked in how you have it.

• Supporters

Yup that’s ya problem , the catch isn’t engaging hence the dust cover is popping off .

you need to get the edge of it in to the slot , give it a bit of brute force and ignorance and it should go in I’ve had it happen with a few AK’s over the years as well . Try pushing the button in as you slide the dust cover on at the same time as well .

• Supporters

sometimes ak top covers do need a little smack to get them to seat, it's a good thing as it means the top cover is held tight and won't rattle.

worth checking that the latch is still sliding free, can be pretty common for it to get misaligned with its rails in the gearbox casing and not be springing back properly.

Yeah, the cover is definitely not a precision made part. (Just like a real one 😉)

Its OK to bend the top cover a bit if you see where it needs some adjustment.  Just do small changes at a time.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.