Which alternative to Haley d3 micro ocean take m2 inserts?

Halo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So been looking into micro rigs, I tried the full on (and I mean full on!) chest rig and lasted all of ten mins (I it was a compact map so a lot of returning to spawn) so ditched it.  I also struggled switching mags swiftly or getting access to grenades and such so now I want easy access.

Not wanting to pay first owner tax on the d3 at £185 plus extras is there any thing else that can allow the m2 inserts?  I’ll also put the side pulls to allow for 5 mags, I’ve found I burn through ammo!

Basically like this but I’d also like:  

F08CCB07-2AB5-4242-B047-55D6870E000D.jpeg.a9b1b60045d6690b5ba899a1e3266b54.jpeg

-Expandable rifle sling (fixed to the back of the strap via a carabiner?) so I can drop the rifle and pull a sidearm or made etc…

-Slot for a pistol

-Dangler but with a tensioner to stop movement 

-Extension Velcro for dangler?

If there isn’t an alternative then maybe I go down the Spiritus micro flight route and use the kydex insert and kywi hacks as below:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/esstac-kywi-kydex-mag-wedge-insert---556---various-sizes-16234-p.asp Inserts

Kywi spacer inserts, haven’t been able to locate as of yet

Also if anyone selling any of the above let me know cheers

CBA23A1B-959A-4B9A-A086-A704DBA65611.png

Edited by Halo

• Supporters

Spiritus et al never designed their micro rigs with re-indexing mags in mind. In fact if you look at the FAQ page on the Spiritus website they make that very point.

The Haley M2 inserts rely on having something for the little wings on the top to tuck under to stop them pulling out when you grab a mag so you're a bit limited on what you can use to retain them in micro rigs that just use the elastic adaptors for mag organisation. Kydex inserts with velcro on the outside work pretty well in micro rigs, and people have already copied the various kydex adaptors and make them for cheap.

I'd suggest also looking into a small molle chest rig that you can then use regular "highspeed" pouches on if you're determined to re-index mags. Something like the Tactical Tailor Mini Mav for example. Or get a dump pouch.

• Supporters

This or this plus this insert.

Or jam a pack of MP2s in to one of the original HSP chest rigs.

The rest of the questions I don't really grasp tbh, is the OP missing an image above the hyphenated list?

Personally I've used the SS micro with the Spiritus elastic inserts quite a bit and reinserting mags is fine, takes 2% more effort vs MP2s or KYWIs you just have to angle the mags a bit at first and rock them back in.

You could have a look at the warrior pathfinder rig. It's made to be worn standalone or velcro/clip placard onto the recon carrier. The velcro panel on the back can carry a dangler or horizontal molle system.

• Supporters

My mate Rich there is modelling ESSTAC pouches which also use KYWIs on the Crye airlite convertible chest rig; another combo that could be configured to do what you're wanting.  I don't personally know of any different but more value-oriented gear brands that will achieve all this though, you'd have to go with chinese clones of the crye/ferro/spiritus, which I don't recommend but loads of people do.

If you're asking about connecting a rifle sling to a chest rig definitely do not, those setups suck balls just get a simple quality 2 point sling - tried, tested, used by the best.  Having any kind of dangler hung even lower than usual below that side-pull pouch is gonna be wank for kneeling/sitting/squatting and I don't know of anything in the world that'll stop that huge slap flap you'll have created from punching you in the nethers.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.