Which 2-3 guns should I keep?

mike223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a few guns and am thinking about shrinking down my collection as I don't need this many guns. Whatever I pick I'm probably running stock, unless I need to replace something so I want something reliable with good stock performance. Idk if id do any upgrades besides the basic things like correcting aoe and deans plugs and the like. (unless the gun has a known weakness like plastic piston teeth or something simple just for the purpose of durability or slight performance increase, like if the seals suck or something) I also have a lancer tactical m4 but that will be my test out gun for learning to work on the internals doing basic maintenance/ upgrades that cost basically nothing. I am planning on getting rid of at least 2 maybe up to 3-4. (Kinda leaning towards keeping only 2 since I wanna narrow it down since im keeping my lancer also, but would still consider keeping 3)

One more thing is I do not play indoors at least now and up to this point if that is at all useful.

If you had to pick say 3-4 of these guns to get rid of, which ones would you get rid of, and what 2 would you keep?

And should I even replace one of the of the guns I would keep with a gun in the $200 maybe even $250 price range to get something more up to date or will performance and durability out of the box be similar and not worth the fuss? Id probably buy used if I do this, you can get a gun for this price that retails for more than what you bought it for.

The list of guns I have: 

kwa km4 with ris, rear wired

kwa cqb mod 2 

g&g prk9 (probably getting rid of this one)

g&g tr16 308 sbr w gate titan mosfet

cyma CM040I

full metal ics m4 with ris w gate merf 3.2 mosfet  (idk the exact name but I know its at least 8 years old, and front wired, bought used with le stock idk if thats what came stock on it or not) [I can post pictures later to help identify if it helps]

I'd keep the 308 and the cyma.

One stops on empty and runs a dmr caliber magazine. Ticks two boxes for me, giving access to some site dmr rules if wanted and it stops on in empty.

Cyma AK, its a ak, why wouldn't you keep it.

Prk, as much as I like rhe vityaz 9mm the prk isn't it and as much as like kwa feel, they dropped the stop on empty to put gate mosfets in.

Edited by concretesnail

18 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I'd keep the 308 and the cyma.

One stops on empty and runs a dmr caliber magazine. Ticks two boxes for me, giving access to some site dmr rules if wanted and it stops on in empty.

Cyma AK, its a ak, why wouldn't you keep it.

Prk, as much as I like rhe vityaz 9mm the prk isn't it and as much as like kwa feel, they dropped the stop on empty to put gate mosfets in.

Thank you, I think I wanna keep the cyma at least. As for the 308, would you still feel the same if it has a king arms gearbox and motor instead of the stock g&g? Idk what is better, im guessing g&g though as I dont hear much about king arms. And Ill probably just end up using whatever is in it, so idk if that hurts the durability at all or the performance. Idk the gear ratios and all that or if everything inside is king arms or not, im not really much into teching yet.

Edited by mike223

If the 308 internals which operate the stop on empty function have gone completely (gearbox gone) then its a little harder decision and it would come down to which felt better in the hand. Though I'd be tempted to go or the mod 2 for something shorter for cqb sites.

4 hours ago, concretesnail said:

If the 308 internals which operate the stop on empty function have gone completely (gearbox gone) then its a little harder decision and it would come down to which felt better in the hand. Though I'd be tempted to go or the mod 2 for something shorter for cqb sites.

yeah I kinda figured that would knock it down a few pegs. I was ancy to buy it because new the gun is like $400 without realizing all the stock internals are gone besides the shell. And he said it has a gate mosfet (idk if that’s true or not, haven’t taken apart to verify and I’m a noob so I don’t wanna break anything lol). But the 308 is in pieces with the empty gearbox in it and it also looks like it’s missing pieces so I might just get a refund rather than trying to bother getting replacement parts as I didn’t intend to buy a gun with missing parts, or he pays me for the cost of the parts. But a refund might be easier, or I could try and sell it and make some money back idk.

As for the guns yeah, I think at this point I’ll go with one of the kwas or the ics. I don’t play at any cqb indoor places yet though. There’s not many places near me to play but when I do it’s with my friends usually in a field/ wooded area. But the closest field to me has some buildings on the website but is still outdoors. If I do decide to go there in the future.

Edited by mike223

If you should be tell if there is a gate unit in the 308, its fairly obvious. If you have time and inclination a photo of the 308 pats laid out I could most likely tell if something is missing as I've stripped mine a good few times.

1 hour ago, concretesnail said:

If you should be tell if there is a gate unit in the 308, its fairly obvious. If you have time and inclination a photo of the 308 pats laid out I could most likely tell if something is missing as I've stripped mine a good few times.

From what I understand the gate titan is in the empty g&g gearbox shell that is currently in the gun, he mentioned something about having to install it into the king arms gearbox, which idk if it will fit in the body of the tr16 as well , I have not tried as I said before im a noob and don't wanna break anything, but its easier when the gearbox is empty probably to open it up and look for the titan. And idk if the king arms has everything it needs in the gearbox or not, and the motor doesn't have the little coil thing on the end. (idk if it would even fit or not)

Was $225 a good deal for what I got? it also came with 5 mags. I'm either thinking about having him send me the money for replacement parts and then probably selling it or selling it as is (but idk what I need bought and idk if anyone will wanna buy it), or returning it for a refund.

I took these last night, one of the bearings was lose in the box outside of the parts bag he sent so idk if any are missing or not but there's 2, as for the little springs I have no idea where any of them go lol. And I think there's a piece missing on the side with the mag release button, ill have to take a picture of that later. I can take better pictures of something later if you need. Also idk if the barrel and hop up unit thing are stock or where they are from.

https://imgur.com/a/29j4JN2

Edited by mike223

If all the parts you received are in those photos then you are short a few to be sure.

I can't see selectors and their associated screws or the bolt release catch, though the bolt catch isn't required for function. The inner barrel also looks a tad long.

As for was it good price; only you can know, as it looks like you have an unfinished project or someone's I don't know what I'm doing, on your hands.

If the titan is in there and functional then you wouldnt be out of pocket if you parted it out I think.

Having said that you have the parts which aren't pictured then you have the makings of a potentially good rif, if you can put it together.

Edited by concretesnail

7 hours ago, concretesnail said:

If all the parts you received are in those photos then you are short a few to be sure.

I can't see selectors and their associated screws or the bolt release catch, though the bolt catch isn't required for function. The inner barrel also looks a tad long.

As for was it good price; only you can know, as it looks like you have an unfinished project or someone's I don't know what I'm doing, on your hands.

If the titan is in there and functional then you wouldnt be out of pocket if you parted it out I think.

Having said that you have the parts which aren't pictured then you have the makings of a potentially good rif, if you can put it together.

Like you said I could have started my first project and put together a decent rifle or parted it out, but I filed a dispute through paypal and ill see what happens and if I get my money back. I decided to get a refund because like I said I didn't pay for a gun with missing parts and I'm new to this so I don't wanna find out later I'm in over my head with rebuilding it or trying to sell it and getting some or all my money back. (If not, hey I have my first project now I guess lol) Plus as I mentioned I need to shrink my collection down. I don't want to end up selling someone else my "I don't know what I'm doing project" as well lol, but id try to make it very clear if there are any missing parts so there's no misunderstanding as well as telling them idk if x fits into y or whatnot or that I can try it before I make a sale.

Edited by mike223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.