Golden Eagle Gas Shotgun any good?

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at gas shotguns to HPA and I was looking at two versions from golden eagle.

I was told the stock tube version can leak more then the grip one?

Also how hard is it to work on them? I read they have lots little small parts.

Grip gas tank version.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.97a4b790a69e8bb308b150941cdacbc7.png

Stock tube gas tank version.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.d55e92b2a00243ebc59ade1d1c379257.png

Mate I'm looking at the exact same one (the shorty).

My mates got the shorty with the fold down vertical grip and he loves it. His brother owns the TM AA12 but can't use it very well at our local CQB site as it's too big!!

I'll be HPA tapping  whatever I buy as well.

A few guys I play with also have the full size M870 and love them.

I've also just started looking at Golden Eagles breacher. Slightly longer gun with (I'm assuming) slightly longer inner barrels.

I know my mate has to crank the pressure up on his reg to reach 300fps. Probably around 90 - 100 PSI so the inner barrels should help reduce this slightly.

Edited by leadly

7 hours ago, Lozart said:

I have the top one. Is good.

That was easy! NEXT!!

Sorry to hi-jack slightly @GothicGhost!

Have you had any issues with yours @Lozart? What's the optimal range? HPA tapped or just green gas? Tell me things!!!

• Supporters
On 30/11/2021 at 22:01, leadly said:

Have you had any issues with yours @Lozart? What's the optimal range? HPA tapped or just green gas? Tell me things!!!

Not had any issues so far but I've not actually used it that much. As for "optimal range" - it's a short barreled gas shotgun not a sniper rifle, how much range do you want? It's still green gas, no plans to fit mag adaptors or HPA.

31 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Not had any issues so far but I've not actually used it that much. As for "optimal range" - it's a short barreled gas shotgun not a sniper rifle, how much range do you want? It's still green gas, no plans to fit mag adaptors or HPA.

I want 80 metres minimum!! 

Was just curious of how far they could reach. I'm struggling to decide which to get! Can't work out if a stock will aid or hinder me!?

I've got the short version with wood furniture. I haven't managed to use it much but when I have I had no major problems. The only issue I had was that the gas tank in the pistol grip is quite small so would only last for about 3 and a half shells before running dry. 

I didn't test the max range but I found the spread to be roughly the width of a plastic garden chair at about 30ft on green gas and firing .25g bbs

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, leadly said:

I want 80 metres minimum!! 

Was just curious of how far they could reach. I'm struggling to decide which to get! Can't work out if a stock will aid or hinder me!?

A stock will help with aiming but again...shotgun. It's got reasonable range I suppose but I only really intend on keeping for..close encounters

Hicks Aliens GIF - Hicks Aliens Shotgun GIFs

8 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've got the short version with wood furniture. I haven't managed to use it much but when I have I had no major problems. The only issue I had was that the gas tank in the pistol grip is quite small so would only last for about 3 and a half shells before running dry. 

I didn't test the max range but I found the spread to be roughly the width of a plastic garden chair at about 30ft on green gas and firing .25g bbs

I had originally lusted after the shorter wooden one but was put off by the pump grip being a wobbly clip on affair. Plus it'd look shite with an M4 mag sticking out of it!

I've decided on the shortest of the two pictured by @GothicGhost after realising I'm probably over thinking it a bit too much. It'll be a change to use something that just is what it is performance wise instead of my VSR, MTW, AAP-01 and Hi Capa which are all far from stock and generally send BB's in the direction I point them in.

14 hours ago, leadly said:

I had originally lusted after the shorter wooden one but was put off by the pump grip being a wobbly clip on affair. Plus it'd look shite with an M4 mag sticking out of it!

I've decided on the shortest of the two pictured by @GothicGhost after realising I'm probably over thinking it a bit too much. It'll be a change to use something that just is what it is performance wise instead of my VSR, MTW, AAP-01 and Hi Capa which are all far from stock and generally send BB's in the direction I point them in.

Yeah my main in MTW so I just some something different, I have a spring shotgun and I was very happy with the range.

But I thought a gas shotgun would be nice, but I don't want to payout £160 for a wall hanger lol

Don't worry, I've gone and spent £160 on a wall hanger instead!!!

Hopefully it will be here for my game next weekend. Ordered a slim line tap from High Pressure Airsoft as well so I don't have to dremel the base of the grip to fit a regular sized fitting!

Edited by leadly

IMG_20211208_162525.thumb.jpg.20b6c738a2436191ef62980202de6476.jpg

Still waiting for the HPA tap and extra hose to turn up. Don't think the M4 mag adapter will arrive in time for Saturday unfortunately!

IMG_20211210_134830_008.thumb.jpg.f6d92c8ec8c95311288a3aa3ad89a0a8.jpg

Plucked from my Instagram (sneaky_rich_airsoft).

Wasn't much fun on green gas with the cold weather but with HPA.....totally different beast!

My mates lending me his M4 adapter for tomorrow, so hopefully fun shall be had, by me atleast anyway!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.