PTS Masada GBBR any good?

AaronAsh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to pick up a GBB, and have always been a fan of the Masada for looks - has anyone had any experience with the PTS GBB Masada? The internals are apparently derived from the KWA LM4 which seem to have... mixed reviews, but then a lot of GBBs seem to get mixed reviews.

Function wise mine was great. The only issue I had was finding an npas that fit, but that years ago, in the end I built up a new nozzle for cqb.

I did come across some people who had issues with miss feeding but I know kwa changed the feed lips on the mags and there's a producer which makes single feed lips for the magazines as well.

I picked up one of them from patrol base last month. Not skirmished it yet but fired a fair few rounds out of it.

The quality fit and finish is really nice and without the mag it is a light rifle. The mags are heavy (compared to mws for example) and add alot of weight.

Firing is snappy and the efficiency seems good at room temp but cold weather performance remains to be seen.

I am shooting at 10m so cant speak to the hop but it is a bit of a pain to change, not the worst but you need a tool inserted though the ejection port.

All the takedown pins are retained which is nice and you can remove them without a tool (the rear benifits from a bit of a nudge as it is flush).

The trigger feel is a bit better than an MWS with a faily clean break.

One flaw is the tool does not fit into any of the storage areas in the pistol grip or the stock for storage.

Overall seems good and is very satisfying to mess about with BUT parts avalibility is very worrying and the main reason I will keep it as a bit of a wall hanger. Ive looked about and it seems that if something breaks it will likely be impossible to find replacements.

I would consider either the vfc 416 (parts including full bolts) are readily avalivale form WGCshop or an MWS which are both roughly the same price and are very well supported.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.