Airsoft Forums UK

Nimh to Lipo in AER & AEP - straight swap?

Point Two Balls

going to 7.4v lipo won't be an issue. its a case of battery physical size and connectors. you either need to rewire your gun or get a AEP lipo converter (like this https://www.airsoftworld.net/new-tokyo-marui-micro-aep-to-smg-7-skorpion-mac10-battery-adaptor-for-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html )

Thanks @BigStew.

I’m competent with swapping a plug for the AER and that adapter makes the AEP easy too.

Pat.

Or this Lipo even easier: 

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

What’s the max safe Lipo I can put into a entry level Cyma (513) ?

if at all….

Pat.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Point Two Balls said:

Should be fine in a CM.128.  I run my CM.123 off of 1200mAh 7.4V stick lipo brutally shoehorned in and with a Deans connector replacing the standard contacts, but that was more just for the fun of it.  A drop in replacement makes sense and I found even a tiny 7.4V lipo gave a far snappier trigger response than the stock NiMH.

2 hours ago, Point Two Balls said:

What’s the max safe Lipo I can put into a entry level Cyma (513) ?

I'd stick to 7.4V for a very specific reason.  CYMAs come with higher powered springs as stock, and the cheapest way for a seller to get them down to UK power levels is just to lop some (or actually a lot) of coils off.  My CM.516 came shooting bang on 1J, but the spring had been cut down so much that it was barely long enough to return the piston fully.  Not a problem with 7.4V, it shoots quite nicely.  But when I dropped in an meaty 11.1V 2600mAh highish-C battery, I got significant overspin on semi, double-shooting on most trigger pulls.

Unless you're sure that yours already has a full length M100 or heavier spring in it, I'd go with 7.4V.  Capacity and even C rating won't matter that much with a stock CYMA, as the draw from the motor will be the limiting factor rather than supply from the battery.

Careful with the li-po.  The tops pull off the damn things if you are too forceful when inserting them into the adaptor.   

They are a huge improvement though.  

I only run 7.4v lipos in my electric guns and none of them have chewed through their internals. I don't really see the need for 11.1v batteries, but then again I don't really use AEGs at all outside of a TM mp7 AEP, and that runs suuuuuper nice on a 7.4v lipo!