Tokyo Marui, are they always a safe bet?

TheFriendlyBro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, SBoardley said:

True and fair bud. People buy rifs different reasons; I like collecting gbbrs for example, not always practical but they always put a smile on my face when someone gets tagged. 

Yep, and that's what its all about, having a smile on your face. Whether its practical or not!

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Also what a lot of players don’t seem to realize is TM are made exclusively for the Japanese market(Their not that bothered about what the rest of the world wants) where the FPS allowed is no more than 322fps by law . TM manufacturers all their gun to function to there maximum potential below this number hence they function so well at a lower FPS compared to other brands , and once you DO start ‘up-grading’ you end up in a situation where once one part is changed it throws everything else out of sink and you then end up replacing another part , then you need to replace another part , and another etc etc .

I buy what I can afford AND what I like , so my collection runs the whole gamut from £25 springer shotguns up to £600+ ‘special’ guns AND everything in between ! 😁

I’ll be honest I’ve never encountered anyone looking down on my kit(but I think they probably realise from my general ‘demeanor’ I wouldn’t take any of that shit from anyone ?😇 but in the end who really cares ? I don’t ! 👍

Quite right too. I've only got four RIFs however the one I shoot most often at home is the 20 quid Galaxy springer 1911 I picked up from BBG4L. Its a hoot.

Thankfully never come across any gear snobs at games, the folks at my home site are all great craic and there's none of that. However it seems to be pretty prevalent on the net. Stuff em.

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

images (1).jpg

Never say never 😜

Pfft. Who am I trying to kid eh...

There's one thing the budget range rifs can do that TMs cant.

Give you a really smug sense of satisfaction when you light up a gear snob with it and they realise they were shot with something that cost a fraction of the price of theirs

18 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

There's one thing the budget range rifs can do that TMs cant.

Give you a really smug sense of satisfaction when you light up a gear snob with it and they realise they were shot with something that cost a fraction of the price of theirs

https://tacticaloutfitters.net/products/stop-being-poor-morale-patch

its your attitude that makes people wear these

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Ah yes, the insignia of the HK Owners Club!

22 hours ago, BigStew said:

As always the golden rule of airsoft is don't be a dick.

Unless,of course, you are Dick 🤔

😉

Regards 

On 24/11/2021 at 19:03, Lozart said:

Most brands have the odd lemon in their range. TM pistols are always considered a safe bet, but then the 1911's are a bit rubbish and the original M9's were bad.

TM make generally good stuff, but as mentioned everyone else has pretty much caught up.

I have the 2011-1911, been pretty solid to date and out performs others, the other week when it was cold, my pistols were the only pistols working when others would get 2 or 3 shots and the gas is done, mine kept on firing fine.

People again with this FPS thing, it is a fixed energy rating. DO THE MATH....

A 0.2g BB fired at 320 feet per second is travelling at 218 miles an hour. (just to bring the FPS in to a realm that most of us understand)

SO why do you need to go faster? These are SAFETY LIMITS that are imposed by government and the sites in turn may have their specific rules and limits like the site my son likes out of all the ones he goes to is now weighing BB's to stop people subbing higher weight than was chronograph with.

ITS A SPORT AND GAME and it seems to me that the idea most people have is to want to have higher FPS to just hurt people as that is all that higher FPS does, hurt more, so maybe you're not suited to the sport...

All I can see in the future is airsoft will go the same way as guns and having to have proper background checks and regulations that will just stifle the sport and all because some want to push their luck.

Increasing the power can land you in trouble, serious trouble in the UK as the laws are ON THE  power and not FPS because FPS is the combination of the mass and the power, the FPS is variable based on how you select your load. SO you have a limited scope to work with, if you want to play with the law, remember that as soon as you break the JOULES LEGAL LIMIT it became an actual firearms offence, just possessing it is an offence and your choice if you want to play with the law like that. Its not the VCRA that airsoft is governed by, its also HSE and Firearms laws and Police and Crime act and several other laws that will be lurking in the wings. 

Summary is this...

WORK WITH WHAT YOU GOT BY DOING THE MATH.

6 hours ago, AirSniper said:

I have the 2011-1911, been pretty solid to date and out performs others, the other week when it was cold, my pistols were the only pistols working when others would get 2 or 3 shots and the gas is done, mine kept on firing fine.

A 0.2g BB fired at 320 feet per second is travelling at 218 miles an hour. (just to bring the FPS in to a realm that most of us understand)

SO why do you need to go faster? These are SAFETY LIMITS that are imposed by government and the sites in turn may have their specific rules and limits like the site my son likes out of all the ones he goes to is now weighing BB's to stop people subbing higher weight than was chronograph with.

ITS A SPORT AND GAME and it seems to me that the idea most people have is to want to have higher FPS to just hurt people as that is all that higher FPS does, hurt more, so maybe you're not suited to the sport...

All I can see in the future is airsoft will go the same way as guns and having to have proper background checks and regulations that will just stifle the sport and all because some want to push their luck.

Increasing the power can land you in trouble, serious trouble in the UK as the laws are ON THE  power and not FPS because FPS is the combination of the mass and the power, the FPS is variable based on how you select your load. SO you have a limited scope to work with, if you want to play with the law, remember that as soon as you break the JOULES LEGAL LIMIT it became an actual firearms offence, just possessing it is an offence and your choice if you want to play with the law like that. Its not the VCRA that airsoft is governed by, its also HSE and Firearms laws and Police and Crime act and several other laws that will be lurking in the wings. 

Summary is this...

Mansplain what the actual this has to do with choosing a TM ….PLeaSe!

7 hours ago, AirSniper said:

1911 and hi capa are 2 different animals. Capa will let off a greater amount of consistent shots in the cold due to the large gas reservoir a single stack mag 1911 not so much. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, AirSniper said:

By "the 2011-1911" do you mean the M45A1? Because that's not the same internally. It has a 15mm BBU to address the exact problem I was talking about.

As I'm asking Santa to bring me a TM pistol for Xmas (a somewhat forlorn hope - apart from my wife resisting spending more on airsoft, would a retailer accept my UKARA ref on an order being paid for by someone else?) I have a question regarding the Hi-Capa's and the 15mm BBU.

Allegedly the D.O.R version of the Hi-Capa now has the 15mm BBU, which would make it perfect for me
(I like the simpler 1911's.  I'm not fussed about putting on a optic.  The price is currently £135 at Defcon, so no premium for the unused red dot capability)

Can anyone confirm it's true though?

https://www.airsoftsociety.com/threads/tokyo-marui-hicapa-d-o-r-dor.159313/

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
12 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Summary is this...

7f656ab071e9dc522434a720be377c9c.jpeg.jpg.0da57c3593d04eaa647cb78e0359ca25.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

As I'm asking Santa to bring me a TM pistol for Xmas (a somewhat forlorn hope - apart from my wife resisting spending more on airsoft, would a retailer accept my UKARA ref on an order being paid for by someone else?) I have a question regarding the Hi-Capa's and the 15mm BBU.

Allegedly the D.O.R version of the Hi-Capa now has the 15mm BBU, which would make it perfect for me
(I like the simpler 1911's.  I'm not fussed about putting on a optic.  The price is currently £135 at Defcon, so no premium for the unused red dot capability)

Can anyone confirm it's true though?

https://www.airsoftsociety.com/threads/tokyo-marui-hicapa-d-o-r-dor.159313/

Yes, the DOR version is the one with the 15mm BBU.

The one thing to bear in mind is that the vast majority of aftermarket slides are for the OLD style BBU. HiCapas do not suffer from the same horrific lack of gas capacity that the standard 1911's do though so any HiCapa will be absolutely fine. That said, the DOR is £129 on Fire Support right now https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-gas-blowback-hicapa-dor-dor-pistol

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I got too scarified by the MATHS being over 9000 in the "orbital space guns in a vacuum" thread.

you had to bring that up, i'd just about got that blanked from my memory......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.