where to sell blank firing replica?

AVH

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I appreciate this is an airsoft forum so this might not be well placed but I am going to assume there is a lot of knowledge and interest in all things firearms here, and I need some advice for finding the best place to try to sell a realistic replica blank firing pistol. I bought one for university theatrical project around 20 years ago - and it has been in storage ever since. Well I am doing a clear out and sell off of old stuff i don't need/use anymore and I have got around to this. However i now realise after all this time it seems the law is stricter and ebay/gumtree won't accept adverts for anything firearm related, gunstar asks for money to post adverts (which i just cannot afford, hence I am selling stuff!), I also read you can't find couriers to post these items anymore, even though it seems you can still buy things easily.

Any tips/advice would be welcome. I see there is a classifieds here but again, I would assume it would be out of place on an airsoft site.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you are correct that this site only accepts adverts for airsoft equipment not blank firers.

I think any site will charge a nominal amount to advertise something in that category.

The only sites I can find are:

Gunstar.co.uk

Guntrader.uk

Gunseekers.co.uk

You could contact some militaria shops that sell second hand too.

Good luck

Thank you both for your suggestions, I appreciate the replies. I will have a look at what groups might be interested. It's just a simple Glock, i *think* 17, i'm no expert on these things but i doubt many re-enactment groups would be interested - will have a look nonetheless, it's worth a try.

I dont mind paying a small fee for an advert, it's just gunstar for example want a fee every month to post it, and something tells me it won't be a quick sale, seems a rip off to pay £5 per month and maybe it takes months to sell, if at all.

Anyway thanks for the tips 🙂

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, AVH said:

Thank you both for your suggestions, I appreciate the replies. I will have a look at what groups might be interested. It's just a simple Glock, i *think* 17, i'm no expert on these things but i doubt many re-enactment groups would be interested - will have a look nonetheless, it's worth a try.

I dont mind paying a small fee for an advert, it's just gunstar for example want a fee every month to post it, and something tells me it won't be a quick sale, seems a rip off to pay £5 per month and maybe it takes months to sell, if at all.

Anyway thanks for the tips 🙂

You could try the zeroin Airsoft forum, I have previously seen plenty of blank firers sold on there. 

Don’t forget the legality, if it’s that old it may no longer be legal.

You cannot own, sell, pass on or otherwise have anything to do with a blanK firing gun that has an open barrel, it must vent upwards and have a completely sealed barrel 

There are a few other key aspects of blank firers, but that is the most important 

Thanks people for the extra tips, gives me a good few options to try and hopefully something comes of it.

Thanks for the legal information - it confirms what I researched last week. When i realised the law had changed I did think it might now be illegal to even own it, but as far as I can tell it is legel to own and sell currently as long as the purchaser has a legitimate reason for needing one. It does indeed vent from the top and the barrel is completely blocked and cannot be modified.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.