Best way in the UK to purchase a neat tactical outfit?

ModernTimes

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The thing is whether or not something looks good is personal. To use your example of cars, some might think this looks good but personally I think it looks like a polished turdford-fiesta-modified-mk3-zetec-show-car-air.jpg.becafa5a4e6faad8c51384a8cbda4723.jpg

Pick your kit based on what YOU like, not what others think is "cool". If others don't like your kit then that's their problem

21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Steady on, we all enjoy different things, and (almost) everybody is LARPing to some extent. Even jeans and hoodie can be an anti-snobbery costume.

Yes we are. My point is that, when it comes to loadouts, the only person who's opinion matters is the person wearing it. Chasing likes on social media is going to leave you with an impractical loadout which will affect your enjoyment of the game 

Aaahhhhh, nostalgia. I'd recognise a Mk3 Fiesta any day of the week, regardless of how badly any owner had buggered up the bodywork with "upgrades". My first car. L-reg 1.1 Finesse in Java Blue. No power steering, airbags or ABS, overhead valve HCS engine with a mighty 49hp at full chat. Bloody marvellous. Was like owning a classic car. I still miss it.

Anyway... a million likes for the above post. Nail, Hammer, Head...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Chasing likes on social media is going to leave you with an impractical loadout which will affect your enjoyment of the game

Unless you're really just using an airsoft site as a filming location, like Licking Mustard does.

I wish folk like that would find a different venue or hobby, but they do exist.

And I do have to point out that the most practical costume for a typical short skirmish game of pretend soldiers is joggers and a couple of hi-caps in your pockets.  Rentals are the only ones doing it right. ;) 

I am the pinnacle of a tacticool player, and I ain’t scared to admit it.

Black SWAT load out in all weather, even snow, and a two-tone sniper rifle.

Not practical at all, I get shot loads, but I don’t care. I look cool and I feel good and that’s that.

If you actually have a brain-unlike myself- you would choose DPM or MTP. I’d advise DPM due to being in the UK, as it camouflages a lot better than MTP does

On 29/11/2021 at 17:39, TheFull9 said:

As you say above, you can get lots of likes but putting together a smart loadout and still be comfortable and not hate your life as soon you stop standing in the safe zone and step on to the actual field, 100% doable.  I just wouldn't recommend any emulating of guys who are doing full on balls-out cosplay for photoshoots if you do actually want something that's good looking but is also genuinely practical.  I also do disagree with your sentiment that practicality and efficiency are mutually exclusive to be honest.

The main thing I'd say is, if you put on a PC and helmet then a ghillie jacket with hood, you'll have covered up 80% of the PC and helmet anyway and you'll sweat your tittays off, not to mention being slow, uncomfortable and getting snagged by both foliage and structures - ergo you won't actually look cool.  Oh and the helmet will potentially snag inside the ghillie hood too and restrict your head.  Personally I own one of these but I'd only wear it with a chest rig, if I go for PC and helmet it'll probably be for indoors and hence no fake trees on me.

Just some experience I've gained having spent a fuck ton of money on gear over the past 15 years, as I always say how you wanna spend your cash is up to you.

Good points and I appreciate the advice. I wasn't referring to having the kit be Instagram worthy in that way I just meant more in a sense that it looks good I just used that wording because the other poster mentioned it in that way. I should have put quotes around it to emphasize that though.

I'm not interested in likes, in fact I don't post much on Instagram at all or any social media as I just don't have an interest in it. I just want to like the way my kit looks regardless of what anyone on the field thinks of it however my main point was that I don't want to go full practical and have a kit just full of pockets or like some cheap low quality gear that is only there for the purpose of storage and being accessible and looks hideous.

16 hours ago, WinterSniper said:

I am the pinnacle of a tacticool player, and I ain’t scared to admit it.

Black SWAT load out in all weather, even snow, and a two-tone sniper rifle.

Not practical at all, I get shot loads, but I don’t care. I look cool and I feel good and that’s that.

If you actually have a brain-unlike myself- you would choose DPM or MTP. I’d advise DPM due to being in the UK, as it camouflages a lot better than MTP does

Hell yeah dude. Black SWAT is sick as shit. I was considering it when I saw a picture of someone wearing it but I just like the look of the goggles and the ghillie cloak slightly more than just full black. 

21 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

The thing is whether or not something looks good is personal. To use your example of cars, some might think this looks good but personally I think it looks like a polished turdford-fiesta-modified-mk3-zetec-show-car-air.jpg.becafa5a4e6faad8c51384a8cbda4723.jpg

Pick your kit based on what YOU like, not what others think is "cool". If others don't like your kit then that's their problem

Yes we are. My point is that, when it comes to loadouts, the only person who's opinion matters is the person wearing it. Chasing likes on social media is going to leave you with an impractical loadout which will affect your enjoyment of the game 

Amen and I totally agree. As I mentioned to another poster perhaps saying "Instagram" look was a bit misleading as to what I meant. I just meant a look that looks good aesthetically to me. I don't use social media to that point where I would care. The only thing I care about is having a loadout that looks great and cool to me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.