Battery confusion kwa ronin rm4 t10

Mr All the gear no idea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I thought choosing my first rif wasn’t confusing enough….

ok so on the kwa website it says,

“KWA, as the first airsoft manufacturer to produce Li-Po ready AEGs out of the box, recommend using 11.1V Li-Po batteries in all of our AEGs.”

I’ve seen on a vid that it has a mini tamiya connection.

can you get an adapter or will it be a waste of time as your still running power through the tamiya adapter and not gaining the benefit of the deans anyway? 

Sorry if it’s a daft question just starting out really and don’t want to waste money on the wrong things 

cheers 

Of course you can get an adapter, but you can also easily rewire your plug and swap it from mini tamiya to deans, to get the full benefit of deans stability. You can also rewire the battery plug, but be careful not to short-circuit the LiPo while doing so, i.e: do one wire at a time.

8 hours ago, shadowfacex said:

Of course you can get an adapter, but you can also easily rewire your plug and swap it from mini tamiya to deans, to get the full benefit of deans stability. You can also rewire the battery plug, but be careful not to short-circuit the LiPo while doing so, i.e: do one wire at a time.

Ok cheers, I think I may need to be careful actually saw a review vid from a shop and they said even thought kwa recommend using 11.1 lipo that they recommend and only give guarantee if running a lower one because it kills the pistons and that 🤔 

how they would prove it would be interesting 

Edited by Mr All the gear no idea

Video from a shop reads as, use a smaller voltage so we have less hassle dealing with any warranty issue. If the manufacturer states use 11.1v lipo then use it. The motor will draw what it needs and you should use a battery that can supply that, using an under rated lipo next to tor face isnt a great idea.

I use a 3s 1050 80c battery in my 308 and it stays cool and by the end of the day it's nearly back to storage voltage.

In fact it's a much easier life for the battery than strapped to one of my fpv quad.

Edited by concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.