Upgrading my Cyma Thompson

Alex0405

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys just looking for some advice 

I got a Thompson off a mate of mine and upon firing it I find it abit... sluggish 

I'm a sucker for the Thompson and want to use it as my CQB weapon, so wanting it abit more snappy on the trigger so was thinking a high torque or high speed motor, obviously a new barrel and hop rubber. 

Just wanting the advice, I know my way around a gearbox after upgrading and fixing before 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Sounds like a job for a decent mosfet to me.  

indeed.

there are lots of other factors (eg battery choice and state of the box as it presently sits) that could factor in, eg switching to lipo from nimh.

however assuming the box is in good running order and being fed by a decent battery then the first port of call i'd be looking at would be to look at a mosfet with precocking.

after that you can look at changing motor/gears depending on where your personal cutoff for "good enough" response is.

If you want the absolute best trigger response then a MOSFET with pre-cocking is the best option overall.

If you want something better than it is now without the cost/hassle of fitting then I would suggest a high torque Neodymium motor as a much easier upgrade and something you'll benefit from even with a MOSFET.

I already try to run an 11.1 but it's just not as snappy as my m4 

Yeah I think a decent mosfet and new motor would be a good idea then 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.