1 year in and my loadout.

Thedadoodle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

But what do you carry in your fourth hand?

Actually, never mind the tacticool stuff, are those double sided velcro armbands I see?  If so, where did you get them?

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But what do you carry in your fourth hand?

Actually, never mind the tacticool stuff, are those double sided velcro armbands I see?  If so, where did you get them?

A gentleman sells them at my local field for £5 I'm sure you could probably find some on amazon though? 

39 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Looking good!

Thank mate, hopefully no new additions for a while 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Thedadoodle said:

A gentleman sells them at my local field for £5 I'm sure you could probably find some on amazon though? 

You'd think, but I've not found the magic words.  I've seen the double sided stuff around, but it seems to appear as if by magic, I've not found anyone who can remember where they got it.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

inb4 posting tomorrow in the "what have you just bought" thread :P

No no no no haha, every payday since starting has been another addition haha. Although I am looking at a molle belt now but shhhh.

24 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

and you think that will change?

good luck with that......

As a guitarist and pc enthusiast I know this will not change haha. Every hobby is another money pit haha 

28 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Ain't that the truth.

Last Christmas I gave my son a telescope. He's now into astrophotography and has a set up that nasa want to borrow. £300 pounds on a 75mm dia filter to pick out hydrogen alpha gas in the wizard nebula billions of miles away. I'll stick to my 2x flip to side scope lol

Regards 

No way! Haha in August I got my Brother a Celestron telescope. He is already telling me about what lenses and what not he needs to see more haha. I love this stuff.

13 minutes ago, Thedadoodle said:

No way! Haha in August I got my Brother a Celestron telescope. He is already telling me about what lenses and what not he needs to see more haha. I love this stuff.

Cool.

I've got a celestron astro master but it gets very little use now.

I've seen the rings of Saturn 🪐and the moons of jupiter and the sea of tranquillity and that'll do me lol

Regards 

22 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You'd think, but I've not found the magic words.  I've seen the double sided stuff around, but it seems to appear as if by magic, I've not found anyone who can remember where they got it.

they have these at BioHazard

5 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Nice setup fella. I do love my was rpc.

The velcro arm bands, how wide are they?

Hopefully the picture shows them a bit better. I'll say about 2in maybe 2 an half. 

20211114_172512.jpg

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Musica said:

they have these at BioHazard

They had them, but they've gone to the world's worst duct tape now because so many folk walked off site with the armbands.  Area-66 were selling armbands but have stopped now because they've had a few walk-offs as well. :( 

I've still got gunk residue from the Biohazard tape on my tacticool beige base layer, thus the desire to find an alternative, ideally at less than £5 per arm per colour.

I have of course lashed up some bands from red and blue electrical tape and spare stick-on velcro, but they're pretty gnarly even by my bodging standards, so I've got some 50mm coloured hook-n-loop tape on the way, which should go round each arm twice and give about 75mm / 3" of coverage.  £6.35 for 1m each of red, blue and yellow is about as low as I could chisel the cost.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.