Dodgy AF Eagle6 airsoft tech proud of illegal AEG

EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

While i'm assuming it's for an international customer that is a really dumb thing to post on their youtube page... i can't even understand why they thought that was a good idea to advertise that they're willing to produce something that's actually illegal.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

Like the sad person I am, I usually watch these short vids that get posted...and 99% of the time these high powered guns are mentioned that they are going oversees, where power levels are different. 

If you were to take the time and look at the details posted on the YT video description it does say the following...

"This build is for export only and is not for use in the uk. "

So way to go with the factually incorrect post mate... :)

Maybe delete this whole post as if I were Eagle6 I would be pretty pissed at you right now.... Just saying.

Also their YT page is not just for the UK and is seen worldwide....arugments for/against vids like this..but I don't think they're breaking any rules as it's clearly stated...where it's going. :)

Edited by Monkman

• Supporters

Yep, made in the UK means the law has been broken, plus do I necessarily believe their "disclaimer" that it's going overseas ?, probably not as surely given how overseas limits are generally considerably higher, would the buyers not expect the output to be closer to their limits ? 

Just saying 🤔

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

The fact its going abroad doesn't change the fact that they are manufacturing an illegal weapon in the UK tho.

Fair enough... I don't know the law and maybe i'm wrong to think posting on the description is not enough to stay on the right side of the law.  Surely they checked to make sure this was legal to do...could be wrong and they've messed up bigtime, but they've been doing this for years...lost count at how many builds they've uploaded that are going abroad.

I don't see why it should be posted on a forum, calling them dodgy as fuck, when all it would've taken is what Rogerborg has done and let them know of possible issue with the law..and get some personal clarification if it's right/wrong and that's the end of it.  Just seems like a post to create drama, when it could've been handled better with private comms with them.  What was the aim of the post..highlight they're doing something illegal, see them get prosecuted and then feel smug about it?

Maybe I just took the point of your post completely wrong....and I don't mean to cause offence, but I don't see how this helps having it out in the open.

If they're producing this for a foreign market I personally don't have a problem with it.

To be honest I didn't post this to attack them but I was actually in shock that an established company would be so irresponsible.

I thought someone might let me know that I'd wrongly assessed the situation and it wasn't so bad.

Judging by their flippant response it honestly makes me question what other dodgy shit they get up to.

I'd be happy for this thread to be deleted if that's the general consensus.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

But do they really care ?, stating it's going "abroad" is a perfect excuse & as airsoft rifs are generally free of serial numbers it would be ridiculously difficult for the judiciary to prove otherwise, & highly unlikely that they would ever attempt to anyway.

in much the same way that most uk retailers have had no concerns about selling hot guns, & most players don't find this out until they get to a site chrono (or not😏), & returning them to the retailers usually results in another fee for "downgrading" ffs.

its a bit like us here, new member comes on & first post is to ask about painting his two-tone black & any legal repercussions, being the fine lawful upstanding members of the airsoft community we are, we'll give him chapter & verse on why it's a big no-no, but the truth that we all know is that no one will ever know, & no one will ever ask, & the only possible way this could come to light is via a likely deadly confrontation between said player & armed police, the kind of lunacy that thankfully is rare as fuck, but also remains the biggest threat to the status quo of our sport.

companies like eagle6 know this too, but they also know that yootoob videos are like money in the bank when it comes touting for business, so worth the potential risk.

obviously I'm a cynical old Cnut 🙊🙉🙈

• Supporters

It's very unlikely that it will ever be an issue for them, even though "for export" is not a defence.

My real problem is that they either don't know, or don't care, what the law is.

It's not a secret and it takes literally seconds to look up.

And if they know and don't care, then it looks like they're thumbing their nose at it.

I just hope they don't have any disgruntled customers out there who are aware, given that it only takes a few minutes to make a report to Crimestoppers, and that some forces have a rager for anything they can record as a Firearms offence.

Recall the poor chap in Stirling who got an ARV response, arrest and prosecution because he posted images of his airsoft gun, in an airsoft Facebook group.

They are deleting comments too 

image.png.2e44e1c460577fd323515910b86b2162.png

Ahh censorship at its best!

Same as on my local neighbourhood group. If you post something a bit contentious or not in keeping with the sensibilities of the majority then, bingo,your post mysteriously dissappears.

I've had loads of posts vanish lol

Regards 

35 minutes ago, John_W said:

Reminds me of many years ago, before there was an airsoft L85, the owner of Ground Zero built one by putting AUG parts in to a deactivated one.

He couldn't see the problem...

That does sound awesome tho 😉

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, John_W said:

Reminds me of many years ago, before there was an airsoft L85, the owner of Ground Zero built one by putting AUG parts in to a deactivated one.

He couldn't see the problem...

20 minutes ago, EDcase said:

That does sound awesome tho 😉

It does, & in the hands of someone with a bit of common sense it would probably never be an issue, but with advent of social media & the established open forums, people feel the need to show things off or share their work. 

Hence the need for some common sense when it comes to lawful stuff, making deacts able to propel projectiles, even if it is low powered bb's is an obvious (to some😏) no-no. 

What an idiotic move from a business. How is this risk worth 200 views? Especially if they're deleting comments as is being said, trying to cover up this mistake. Just un-list the video, or send it direct to the customer, no reason to post a public video of your committing a nice crime. 

Somewhat like cars I guess. Our speed limit is 70mph but cars are sent here from Germany that can do 170mph 🤔🤔

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Does that mean I can have a bag of cocaine in the UK and ship it Columbia because its legal there? 

A very cromulent analogy.  You certainly can't produce it here, then say "Yeahbut, for export, innit."

I doubt there will be any consequences for them, although I wouldn't shed a single tear if there were.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

A very cromulent analogy.  You certainly can't produce it here, then say "Yeahbut, for export, innit."

I doubt there will be any consequences for them, although I wouldn't shed a single tear if there were.

It will be the same for anything like this that happens in airsoft, people will bring up the topic, the name and shame will happen 

People will express their opinions on the matter. Some will defend and others wont and in a weeks time it'll be old news and nothing will come of it 

I am interested in knowing what the issue is as most of the larger retailers like Firesupport, Zero one etc will post worldwide and I am sure if they were asked to upgrade a weapon to the customers countries limits they would but because Eagle 6 has posted a video on YouTube its seen as a cardinal sin, or am I missing the point. 

Thanks 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.