AS VAL Help

EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bit of a unique one, I have no idea how but my suppressor on my AS VAL (despite being steel) is warped and bent.  It will no longer go on the gun which renders the gun useless as this is where the battery goes.  Bar trying to source a replacement part anyone else got any suggestions? Pic below, you can see where it is warped where my thumb knuckle is roughly

256588889_2829051767395015_7829819153009657651_n.jpg.13fa523e5da643747c75a7d8f3aad4db.jpg

Anything is worth a try, I am not a metalworker and have no knowledge of such things so thanks for the tip! Will try that

A metal turner could get that concentric again.  Depending on tolerance, I've known panel beaters who could use a dolly and hammer to get it visually 'good enough.'  

Steal is a lot ore fluid than people imagine.  

13 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

hammer time

mc-hammer-hammer-time.gif

sseeing this make me glad my cyma has the battery in the stock

Edited by strykerles

Its an oldish RIF, I have had it a number of years and it shoots lovely, no idea how I managed to dent 2-3mm thick steel.....

I did look at the CYMA to see if there was the possibility of using the surpressor off that but its not likely.  Similarly, LCT have been as useful as a chocolate teapot so far.

Edited by EvilMonkee

19 hours ago, strykerles said:

the cyma suppressor is held on by 2 screws through the sides so wouldn't be of any use

Yeh I know 

google "exhaust expander", kits are available for about 20 quid, will need to be very careful in its use though, just enough pressure to straighten the pipe without stretching it or damaging threads etc . It's how i get dings exactly like that one out of roughly handled new exhausts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.