Comabting sweat/fog: exfog or sweatband? Or another solution?

Harvem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I also do breathable minimal masks with various attachment options that also cover the nose, if you don't like the idea of a bb to the hooter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlpW6oHbgc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Supporters
2 hours ago, heroshark said:

I also do breathable minimal masks with various attachment options that also cover the nose, if you don't like the idea of a bb to the hooter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlpW6oHbgc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Nah, that'll deflect breath upwards into the goggl- ohhhh, right.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I didn't find anything equivalent with adhesive on one side

I've been using this self adhesive neoprene foam strip for padding https://amzn.to/3kJpSR4

On 15/11/2021 at 21:17, Rogerborg said:

What's the construction like?  It's surprising that something covered in fabric can be more breathable than mesh. I'm not questioning it, just wondering how they've managed it.

I'd say for a small home business they're very well made, they do feel very well stitched together and mine and my son's have had loads of abuse.

Before the Delta Mike I wore this...

https://nuprol.com/np-mesh-lower-face-shield-v3-camo.html

... and God knows how but after a round it always felt way more damp on the inside (at times to the point where a shake of it flew off loads of water droplets, yuck). This is pretty much pseudo science but my face felt colder with the Nuprol mask so I'm assuming the water vapor in my breath condensed quicker with it, but the Delta Mike feels noticeably warmer so maybe the water vapor condenses slower / is more dispersed?

Either way I'm very happy with my Delta Mike and need to buy a few more with different patterns, and maybe one day they'll bring out their rumored second version with nose protection. The only downside I've experienced is that you need to be careful with where the toggle that tightens it up goes, I've had it too high on my head occasionally and you don't initially notice but as soon as a game starts I then feel it being pushed into my scalp by my helmet (and it bloody well hurts like hell).

• Moderators
On 15/11/2021 at 16:01, Badgerlicious said:

Sweatband + some revision wipes would probably cover you. Maybe some goggles where the opening for airflow isn't the lens itself, like some valken tangos with the foam removed. Those with the thermal lens + revision wipes would be hard to fog, and a sweatband should keep the sweat from getting onto the lens. 

similar to this, i use an old 80's but bought in 2016 Nike sweatband, revision wipes or fogtech wipes as well as wear fan googles, both ESS and Revision, Revs have a thermal lens....i still suffer occasional moist goggles!....also no foam

Not sure there is a correct answer, everybody is different, what works for you may not for others etc., its really trial and error and yes is frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...

Ditch the helmet, unless there tons of vents otherwise the humidity your sweed lets out will just track back into your goggles!

I know as today I tested no less than 3 top of the range goggles and they all fogged!  I wore a fast helmet (zero vents) chin to ear mesh and then whatever gigs.

I won’t use ballistic glasses as none seem to cover your eye entirely and all it takes is one random bb….

Disappointed, I reached into my bag and found a gym hat with mesh all over it, as soon as I stuck this on not only did I find actually bbs hardy hard but fogging dramatically decreased!

832965D1-A3C1-4FAF-B336-21DE90BE6E59.png

Edited by Halo

I have yet to be able to find one in the shops as its all cosmetic smelly stuff... If you can get a deodorant that is the stick type... I have been told its very effective when applied around the goggles area of the eyes and face, that it is claimed to prevent fogging.

Locally I can't find any non fragrance deodorants, its all smelly stuff.

1 hour ago, Halo said:

the humidity your sweed lets out

I much prefer the tactical yam 👍

This is what I use. The FMA turbofan clone's fan stuck into a pair of Valken Tangos. I don't always need the fan, but I've been using a ghillie hood recently and the fan has come in Incredibly useful. It's also pretty comfy, so long as I don't use a mask with mesh ear protection. Then the weight of the battery pack can rub.

5.jpg

12 hours ago, Halo said:

Ditch the helmet, unless there tons of vents otherwise the humidity your sweed lets out will just track back into your goggles!

I know as today I tested no less than 3 top of the range goggles and they all fogged!  I wore a fast helmet (zero vents) chin to ear mesh and then whatever gigs.

I won’t use ballistic glasses as none seem to cover your eye entirely and all it takes is one random bb….

Disappointed, I reached into my bag and found a gym hat with mesh all over it, as soon as I stuck this on not only did I find actually bbs hardy hard but fogging dramatically decreased!

832965D1-A3C1-4FAF-B336-21DE90BE6E59.png

Well on the same day that I was having fogging issues, I also happened to fall backwards in a well and bumped my head on the back. Seriously hurt my back, but the helmet might have protected me from a more serious head injury, so I really wanna keep the helmet for now.

I'm currently waiting for my back to be completely ok before going back out to play airsoft, but I'll try with the sweatband and some revision anti fog wipes for now. If that doesn't work, I might look into some solution with a fan. And if that's still not enough, I might ditch the helmet.

I've been running one of those helikon mesh caps, bolle x800s with a mesh mask cable tied to the goggles.  Sadly I've been running a buff to cover my neck which i also stretch to cover ears so this will not help with cooling so I'm going to ditch it next game or just have it around my neck. 

Some days they fog up when Im static after a big fast paced game but I have just ordered some revision wipes so I'm hoping that they reduce this issue. 

If this set up continues to fod il look into fan goggles but heroshark are a no go as I don't fancy shattered bb's in my only pair of eyes. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.