Sending new guns to a tech.

Guest nemokingdom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, EDcase said:

he OP did say that he doesn't send AEGs for upgrades, just to be greased and shimmed  🙄

That's the baffling bit, it's not like it's difficult to do that yourself.

And viewed holistically, every owner with a working gun who takes up Luke's time with a strip-and-lube stops him fixing someone else's VFC.

• Supporters
On 17/11/2021 at 13:58, Rogerborg said:

On 15/11/2021 at 11:03, nemokingdom said:

That's fair enough, I definitely think learning to tech yourself is good, I can sort of muddle through it myself but I just don't have the time unfortunately.

Time is precious and believe it or not some people find that they just don't have the time to do everything themselves.

And remember kids - if a job's worth doing, it's worth paying someone else to do it for you.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Time is precious and believe it or not some people find that they just don't have the time to do everything themselves.

And remember kids - if a job's worth doing, it's worth paying someone else to do it for you.

This can be a key distinction:

Basic maintenance or technical work?

The original question points towards ‘technical work to fix manufacture faults’ and should be pointless —— go back to the seller on what is not fit for purpose

Users should be capable of basic maintenance - which may or may not apply.  
It could be high maintenance super special —— so if you can’t maintain it then don’t buy it, or decide you do want to and throw the money into someone competent to do it for you

It could be low maintenance - basic adjustments, cleaning, lube —- ideally learn to do it, or waste money and peoples time 

It could be zero maintenance (including not bothering to conduct low maintenance) —- just go out and play until something doesn’t work

On 17/11/2021 at 13:58, Rogerborg said:

And viewed holistically, every owner with a working gun who takes up Luke's time with a strip-and-lube stops him fixing someone else's VFC.

I like VFC 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.