How old is to old

gasman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Samurai said:

2-3 years ago I've played with a guy who was then 69.

d4iy2kk-1fc9f0ea-fbee-4c6b-8a61-19c03a1b0007.png

7 hours ago, gasman said:

I am 67 and planning to play this Saturday but I am righting checks my body is finding hard to cash

Snap! Same as me.🙂

Go along on Saturday and have a great day.just play at your own pace and don't be browbeaten into anything you are not happy with. Remember you are paying so it's your game to play it as you want👍

Take water out with you and have a glug now and again.

Hope the weather holds for you. 

Enjoy yourself. 

Let us known how it goes.

Regards 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, gasman said:

I am 67 and planning to play this Saturday but I am righting checks my body is finding hard to cash

See now, if you'd led with that this whole thread would have turned out differently.

Thing is, only you can decide when enough is enough. I'm only 51 but my knees and back are screwed, I have a friend that plays who is 26 but has three slipped discs. Tramadol for breakfast and he's running about all day better than me!

Maybe look into getting some advice from a sports physio/osteopath about exercises to strengthen any bodily weaknesses (hips/knees/ankles the usual suspects) and just take it steady.

If you're not enjoying it anymore, that's the time to quit.

10 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Tbh yes you'll probably ache the next day or two (I know I always do),

I blamed aches & pains on being old

That is a contributing factor - but by drinking water or with hydration tablets/powders such as SIS or High5 I was cured

It was abuse of my body rather than just a part of being old that must be accepted

11 hours ago, EDcase said:

To reduce movement you could try a sniper or DMR role so you can stay back and get overwatch on the situation...

Guiding the cannon fodder into battle 😉

Fixed that for ya 😁

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I blamed aches & pains on being old

That is a contributing factor - but by drinking water or with hydration tablets/powders such as SIS or High5 I was cured

It was abuse of my body rather than just a part of being old that must be accepted

Funnily enough I always find that running about and getting some exercise actually helps the aches and pains but I think that's more down to the "why's" of my aches and pains!

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Funnily enough I always find that running about and getting some exercise actually helps the aches and pains

Agreed, after even a couple of days without light, regular exercise I start to get a bit creaky.  Use it or lose it.

Had no problems before covid came but now so unfit. I have built a HPA kythera DMR and plan on using that at Wycombe but Saturday is Sentinel so Polarstar at 350 with Krytac as backup and for the indoor part. Do or die or you could say use it or loose it.

5 hours ago, Lozart said:

Funnily enough I always find that running about and getting some exercise actually helps the aches and pains but I think that's more down to the "why's" of my aches and pains!

I always said it not the age but the mileage. My knees are shot after a life of plumbing and pipe fitting

Well I was having the same sort of thoughts and I’m ‘only’ 49 on Saturday, I’ve now found the type of events I want to participate in, which are more the Battlesim / Weekend events and hooked up with a great bunch of guys all roughly the same age, I find the limiting factor is my fitness and flexibility, as I’m very stiff the day after a event..

• 9 months later...

Fortnight for the youngsters, Rainbow 6 Siege, COD 2&3, World of Warships, Breakpoint , are the usual suspects

I did some running yesterday, took out a sniper by just running at him firing (semi auto not hozing) once I was inside his MED he was toast 🤣 Then in the next game I scored a bang kill with my 249 by spinting around some cover to take out a lad who had us pinned down, spotted his mate a bit further away and lit him up .

Some of my Old Git mates aren't talking to me now 'cos of the running thing 😭😂

Edited by Nick G

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 00:47, Shamal said:

Why do you ask @gasman

Is it because you are a young person and think older players should act their age and stay home or are you an older player who just wants validation for playing?

I say play whatever your age if you get enjoyment out of it.🙂

( I'm late 60's)

Regards 

Yup, I am 53 and always the oldest POS out there.... LOL 

I refuse to act my age. fuck you yungins

3 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

Yup, I am 53 and always the oldest POS out there.... LOL 

I refuse to act my age. fuck you yungins

Haha. That's right,grow old outrageously.

When you don't look forward to a game day or it becomes a coin flip with the local zoo then maybe that's the time to hang up your holster. Until then......game on! 👍

Regards 

Age isn't always the best way to judge who's fit to play. I know plenty of youngish people who haven't done any exercise since PE at school and who get out of breath walking up the stairs, I also know people in their 50's who are in excellent shape and who could run rings round most of us. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.