How old is to old

gasman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Who is the oldest player you play with? 

At what age do you think old farts should stop playing?

7 hours ago, gasman said:

Who is the oldest player you play with? 

At what age do you think old farts should stop playing?

Why do you ask @gasman

Is it because you are a young person and think older players should act their age and stay home or are you an older player who just wants validation for playing?

I say play whatever your age if you get enjoyment out of it.🙂

( I'm late 60's)

Regards 

Dilligaf, unless they are, as mentioned, an insurance issue. However, if you can get to/from safe zone to game start, welcome along. 

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I actually think they should double the minimum age. No under 25's, at least a three day induction course, six months of banks statements and a permission slip signed by your wife/partner. If you're not married/living with your partner, you can't play. Save the space for those of us who have a legitimate reason to leave the house at 6am on a weekend.

This reads as tounge in cheeck but i cant help but wonder about the three days and what they woul entail.....

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

If they start affecting other peoples game/become a proven insurance liability to the site then they should probably stop. Otherwise it's no ones business.

sounds about right.

ofc how old one gets before that's an issue is a very individual thing.

i'd wager there's a vanishingly small number of people who haven't voluntarily called time on pewing before getting to that stage.

Oldest member of our group is in his 60's . For myself, once my normal style of play starts becoming an effort i'll just snipe more. Sitting alone in a bush not moving and occasionally screaming insults at some young'un not taking hits sounds ideal for a grumpy old git !

Maybe there should be a minimum age requirement for snipers , about 55 sounds right 😉 🤣

Age is (kinda) just a number, it's a cliche but it can definitely be true. Being young often helps but is no guarantee of good health. So really depends how the individual feels.

Although saying that and perhaps this is slightly dark but I can just imagine someone having a heart attack and there's a neurotic little twerp screaming "take your hits!" at them.

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Maybe there should be a minimum age requirement for snipers , about 55 sounds right 😉 🤣

53 if you don't mind !!

One chap I know and I tried complaining " I'm too old for this" turned and said I'm 69!

Admitted he only plays half a day but it shut me, impudent youngster up lol

1 hour ago, Chicken pie said:

53 if you don't mind !!

Lol, I was aiming at an age I havn't quite hit yet !

I'm mid 50's, still playing football three times a week with a mix of ages.   After gaps due to injury or Covid lockdowns I've come back to games struggling for fitness (and breath), wanting to try out that "walking football" malarkey ;)  (I hasten to add that extreme response wasn't actually required!  Fitness returns after a few games)

As for 'duty of care', well I could quite easily suffer a heart attack on the pitch and that'd be it.  I accept that risk, and it seems the council (who runs one set of the pitches I play on) are the same.  The benefits outweigh the risks.   They have an on-site defibrillator, which is great, but never prohibit people from playing.   Airsoft isn't quite as hard work as football, so I think the bar for protecting us oldies from ourselves can be a fair bit lower. (Or is it higher?)

I'm more worried about twisting my ankle.  Luckily we have a stretcher used in one of the 'rescue the pilot' games at SpecialOps, so it's there if I need it :D 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
clarification

15 hours ago, Shamal said:

Why do you ask @gasman

Is it because you are a young person and think older players should act their age and stay home or are you an older player who just wants validation for playing?

I say play whatever your age if you get enjoyment out of it.🙂

( I'm late 60's)

Regards 

I am 67 and planning to play this Saturday but I am righting checks my body is finding hard to cash

26 minutes ago, gasman said:

I am 67 and planning to play this Saturday but I am righting checks my body is finding hard to cash

To reduce movement you could try a sniper or DMR role so you can stay back and get overwatch on the situation...

Guiding the youngsters into battle 😉

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

2-3 years ago I've played with a guy who was then 69.

Tht sounds sooo many shades of wrong 

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

To reduce movement you could try a sniper or DMR role so you can stay back and get overwatch on the situation...

Guiding the youngsters into battle 😉

Otherwise known as watching for where they get shot from so you know where is the other team are😁

Tbh yes you'll probably ache the next day or two (I know I always do), but the good thing about airsoft is that you're free to play at whatever pace you want so you don't need to be charging around all day if you don't want to

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.