TM Glock 19 Gen 4 Advisory Note

Jacob Wright

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 12/11/2021 at 16:48, TheFull9 said:

Don't point your gun where it shouldn't be pointed and you'll almost certainly always be just fine.  Applies to TM G19 Gen4s, and literally every other RIF.

It'd still be nice for it to not fire when you inserted the mag. Although we shouldn't even be relying on not "flagging" people. If you don't want to shoot someone who isn't wearing eye pro, make sure mags are out and chambers are clear. If you want to at least make a concentrated effort not to shoot a team mate, trigger discipline n' all that...

Also confusingly the pic is of a Gen.3 🤔

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2021 at 21:28, Rogerborg said:

will-smith-gun-safety.gif

Kudos to TM for even admitting to it, although I wouldn't expect too much from UK retailers.

I know he is an American and slapping a gun down is an appropriate reaction, I just wish he had the class to administer a swift “judo chop” Sean Connery style to the wrist to disarm him instead.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I know he is an American and slapping a gun down is an appropriate reaction, I just wish he had the class to administer a swift “judo chop” Sean Connery style to the wrist to disarm him instead.

If by wrist you mean throat, agreed.

I'm still not sure if that clip is a genuine reaction.  It's apparently from a Bad Boys for Life production meeting where they were going over the gnus that were going to be used.  There's a cringe Hollywooded-up video version going around where they edited in another later segment to make it seem like he grabbed and cleared it rather than slapping it away. That's the shorter, more plausible version, although even that's obviously been edited between the stare and the slap.

Still, kudos for even that much reaction, in a world where Alec Baldwin exist.

Not a chance, it’s staged and choreographed to make a point. 
I would have been happier if they had  left the whole film on the cutting room floor, it’s diabolically shit.

I expect the deeply unfunny Martin Lawrence’s investment portfolio was struggling so he called in a favour to Will Smith to boost his funds

17 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Not a chance, it’s staged and choreographed to make a point. 
I would have been happier if they had  left the whole film on the cutting room floor, it’s diabolically shit.

I expect the deeply unfunny Martin Lawrence’s investment portfolio was struggling so he called in a favour to Will Smith to boost his funds

Absolutely staged.  Will seemingly has a whole team to manage his social media and do these cringe little videos with massive production value and editing etc.

• 1 month later...

Back on topic. It seems they've gone back to the drawing board with both the gen.4 19 & 17.

I saw on their twitter that in December they were offering owners of either the opportunity to apply for a new hammer assembly for either model. Seems some of the measurements were out.

Also a few UK retailers have recently received Marui deliveries and neither model seems among the items restocked. So I guess there will be a new batch in which this issue doesn't occur.

On 17/02/2022 at 09:09, Jacob Wright said:

Good to know, thanks for the update!

I’ll keep saving my pennies for the new-new model then!

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on it as was planning to pick one up. I've just taken delivery of my "850th" Gen.3 19. Because they're also excellent.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:14, Cr0-Magnon said:

Back on topic. It seems they've gone back to the drawing board with both the gen.4 19 & 17.

I saw on their twitter that in December they were offering owners of either the opportunity to apply for a new hammer assembly for either model. Seems some of the measurements were out.

Also a few UK retailers have recently received Marui deliveries and neither model seems among the items restocked. So I guess there will be a new batch in which this issue doesn't occur.

That would explain why firesupport have taken off all the TM Glocks. I was really wanting a G26 as well.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

That would explain why firesupport have taken off all the TM Glocks. I was really wanting a G26 as well.

Actually no, I think they've done it for licencing reasons. They're recently increased their stock of Umarex Glocks and removed all trace of any TM G series products. 

30 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Bugger, I've been eyeing up a Glock 19 for a while now 

...and you hate the gen.3? It's also got the 15mm cylinder, so just as snappy and the externals are of the same quality.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No hate for the gen 3 so I'll get one of those 

There's a lot to be said for going for a reliable older model rather than the freshest thing on the market, whether it's toy guns, cars, or girlfriends.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

There's a lot to be said for going for a reliable older model rather than the freshest thing on the market, whether it's toy guns, cars, or girlfriends.

It's not even old tech.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.