Berget 18

Guardsman394

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Obviously if armed with the correct grade Coleman moustache, one could indeed go all Bulldog Drummond and simply thrash some respect for the Queens subjects into the blighters.   

Bulldog Drummond (1929) - IMDb

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Bulldog Drummond

It is indisputable fact that "Bullshot" is the zenith of British cinema, and civilisation.  After "I should have shot that Fokker down", it was all managed decline.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Or, just shout "Don't be such a Little Hitler. Two World Wars and one World Cup." slowly and loudly. 

Or say "you didn't give my grandad this much hassle when he came over in 45"

The Immingham - Esbjerg ferry is prohibitively expensive, and I’m not au fait with taking Airsoft guns on planes. 

I guess another option would be shipping the kit there and then back again after. 

22 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It is indisputable fact that "Bullshot" is the zenith of British cinema, and civilisation.  After "I should have shot that Fokker down", it was all managed decline.

Indeed a highpoint that we have never again reached.  

Since the Esbjerg ferry is freight only post-Brexit, perhaps this provides inspiration for your route Jacob?  Don't worry about all the pettifogging detail with papers etc.  Just flash 'em your Union Jack Y-fronts and land where you damn well please.

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go Jacob.  Straight from the pferd's mund as it were.  I received this from the German Customs Directorate.  

'...travellers from the UK to Germany or through Germany required a weapons permit issued by the locally competent weapons authority. This is usually the authority locally competent for the area where the hunters or shooters stay in Germany or - if the transit only - where they enter Germany. There are no simplifications applicable in such a case.

From a customs point of view this is a temporary import, provided the goods (firearms) leave the EU again. There are no import fees on that. An oral declaration to customs is sufficient.

Here you can find a list with weapons authorities in Germany:'

https://www.nwr-fl.de/liste-der-waffenbehoerden-seite.html

I discussed my travel plans with Mrs Pith Helmet.  She is of the opinion that Berget is likely to be extortionate to attend.  She has attempted cheap(ish) road travel in Sweden previously and recommended Border War in Czech Republic as an alternative if driving.  

It does occur to me that there must be plenty of milsims in Europe.  Attending as a group may be a lot of fun.  There are plenty of Polish and Portuguese players at my local site.  Attending a game as a British team with local interpreter might be something to attend.  

I imagine that some enterprising chap or chapess will be in local attendance, and willing to administer the appropriate jab for a hefty fee.  That seems to be the way with the tests required for flying.  

Damn good question from a cost front alone!  If one of your party is disinclined to be jabbed or whatever, the situation may become decidedly interesting and expensive.  

Of course post Brexit we also require medical insurance, and my AA European membership is only for a couple of days.  After that it's extra.  

Its all a lot more expensive and complicated these days for various reasons.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Of course post Brexit we also require medical insurance

Oof, yes, I'd forgotten about that.

Well, all law abiding travellers are required to follow all the laws.

Lot of spare dingies on the beaches around Dover, I'm just saying.

On 03/12/2021 at 09:41, Rogerborg said:

Oof, yes, I'd forgotten about that.

Well, all law abiding travellers are required to follow all the laws.

But where are the previous owners 🤔

• Supporters
On 03/12/2021 at 09:41, Rogerborg said:

Actually there's not, ukba gits keep nicking them before us locals can grab them for ourselves, just missed out on a couple of nice ribs by me 🤬

That's a coincidence. I had ribs tonight. Luverly jubbly.😊

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Shamal said:

That's a coincidence. I had ribs tonight. Luverly jubbly.😊

The only flesh I eat now is pork, because it's the only way to be sure that it's been slaughtered humanely, rather than by some sand-wizard wailing spells over a stone knife stabbathon.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.