Search within a specific topic.

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey back again. More of a question over a request. Is there a way to search specifically within one topic as some of the topics have 100s of pages trying to narrow a search either returns too much or too little sometimes. For example i would like to search in just the TM MWS topic about specific questions and using the general search just returns too many unrelated posts. But then refining the search with quotes limits too much. I don't want to ask questions that are already answered. If this is not possible, could it be added at all? Thanks :)

14 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Hey back again. More of a question over a request. Is there a way to search specifically within one topic as some of the topics have 100s of pages trying to narrow a search either returns too much or too little sometimes. For example i would like to search in just the TM MWS topic about specific questions and using the general search just returns too many unrelated posts. But then refining the search with quotes limits too much. I don't want to ask questions that are already answered. If this is not possible, could it be added at all? Thanks :)

If you go to a search, then under “content search - topic type” choose “topics” you then get a drop down box named “forums” and can pick the area to search 

275D034A-6E6C-4CE1-BAC2-71916487D089.thumb.png.3b58ea4759326269a1285162bdda1db5.png

43C1C251-07C5-498F-A92F-5EC081484CA1.thumb.png.5d0f387c3cd7fe504fb67b710a231ba7.png

🤦‍♂️ Haha, how I missed that I don't know. Maybe I saw it and thought it meant something else. Forget I opened my mouth... 😂 Thank you.

Fail of the day goes to.... 🥁🥁🥁🥁 Me!

Edit..  come to think of it i do remember seeing that and thinking it meant searching the topic title. I'll just leave quickly before anyone notices 

Edited by Khyber

Have just tried this and it still only searches a sub forum like gas guns for example. Not one individual topic. Still gives better results but I think it would be nice to have a 'search this topic' at the top of the page when viewing a topic. Just a thought... 

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

🤦‍♂️ Haha, how I missed that I don't know. Maybe I saw it and thought it meant something else. Forget I opened my mouth... 😂 Thank you.

Fail of the day goes to.... 🥁🥁🥁🥁 Me!

Edit..  come to think of it i do remember seeing that and thinking it meant searching the topic title. I'll just leave quickly before anyone notices 

Too late. We noticed.doh!!

😉

• Head Moderator

When using a PC, the seach box is pretty obvious at the top right of the page.  And "search this topic" is the forth option down. Not difficult to find and select.

@Jedi_Master I alway visit on my phone which doesnt have that option which is why i wasnt seeing it. Good to know its there on desktop site. Maybe i will just view it on my phone as desktop not mobile when i need that search feature.

Thanks for informing me :)

Edited by Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.