Great Day at The Department CQB/Extreme Airsoft, Leicester.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Went over to The Department for the first time yesterday after a 2 year hiatus thanks to injury and the dreaded C-19.  Had a superb day, the site is great with excellent facilities.  Staging areas are big with plenty of space and surfaces for prep etc.  The staff were great, very professional but not dull.  The game modes were what we are all used to but didn't feel stale, and the game arena itself is large, with plenty of nooks and crannies and some nice choke points... my only critisism would be the spawn point that is near the arena entrance is a bit tricky to get out of if the other team manage to get the whole team back to spawn.

As a whole it was great to get back into battle at a welcoming place that's well looked after and staffed.  Just highlighted the loss of fitness over the last couple of years, hopefully will get that back now.

Keep up the good work The Department.

• 5 months later...
On 07/11/2021 at 14:21, AngelusKarl77 said:

my only critisism would be the spawn point that is near the arena entrance is a bit tricky to get out of if the other team manage to get the whole team back to spawn.

We've made some changes to the layout ath that end to make it a little easier for that team to exit/more difficult for attackers, as there are now a couple extra exit points.

• 8 months later...

Anyone been recently?

I'm looking for a site to start playing at regularly, likely weekday evenings, and have only played woodland so far. 

Hoping for somewhere friendly and welcoming, with ample parking (I hate worrying about finding a parking space!).

Read a few recent reviews about issues with 'regulars', but not sure if that's just unhappy people not having a great time from dying a lot :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.