Puckering Moments.

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some call it Butt Squeak.

Others lose their bottle.

I am very lucky to be breathing. Had I not got the depth and breadth of driving knowledge, I'd be a car wreck on the A1 right now and many of you may have been in the tailback if it had happened.

Lets just put this out there so that everyone who does it understands that the act of ...

BREAK CHECKING 

Is now a criminal offence and punishable with up to two years in prison.

The situation that transpires on the A1 this morning could have not only put me but a friend in a couple of body bags had I not been proficient at driving and handling a vehicle.

Not only did this cretin push his way past me causing me to swerve back in to Lane 1 of the A1 but had to break because the vehicle I was overtaking was a lorry and I was about to hit it, the back end swung out and I had to counter it by throwing the front end in to lane 2, where Mr Richard Head (think of short name for Richard) decided to then break check me, needing further breaking to bring the car under some control. he speeds off doing at least 90 mph.

Dashcam footage, check... Police, Check. They confirm that break checking is dangerous driving and this driver could have caused an accident that killed people. I had no idea who this guy was but its not the first time I have been mistaken for another driver as my car is very common as is its particular colour, so again, I am the victim of some ass hat and their instant justice.

I'd share the footage but the police want it as I think from what they said, I wasn't the only person to have been calling in the driver, the guys driving erratic for sure. So I think that they will be giving the idiot a tap on the shoulder.

I'd done nothing wrong, I'd indicated my intentions, committed to a manoeuvre, had ensures I had the space and the speed and was clear to continue and followed the protocol you follow when over taking on a dual carriage way.

This is how erratic he was, the single track road that is a major A road that passes a UK HQ of a company that is well known on the high streets is a single lane track, Mr Head, our Ritchy decides he wants to try and pass the lorry carrying the car its transporting. like he is 7ft wide, 3ft gap, was never going to happen.

The only reason he is being reported is because his actions were intentional and could have killed me and my friend and others. 

So remember. Don't get yourselves put in prison for doing something as stupid as break checking people, even if they are in the wrong for doing something that upset you, its you that could end up with the harder lesson.

Wow, glad to hear you're OK.

Good for you for reporting them too as unfortunately they often end up walking away from the accident they cause, whilst an innocent family have their lives destroyed 

17 hours ago, AirSniper said:

BREAK CHECKING 

To be pedantic - no it is not NOW a criminal offence

It’s dangerous driving, and has always been an offence 

If he’d caused an accident and injury then he’d be facing up to five years, and death by dangerous driving would put him facing up to 14 years 

You should not do any manoeuvre on the road that depends on somebody else to act.

If something happens then your actions may not be illegal but the balance of blame, and liability to your insurance  tips your way complete with loss of no claims and higher premiums

Commit a motoring offence and the levels of severity vary

Add on consequences and you can be facing criminal charges, custody and also living with the guilt of a stupid mistake 

Your final summary is spot on:

Don’t be a dickhead on the road

Assume every other road user is an idiot

Unless you need to stop to exchange details, give assistance or report the incident then move on with your life, have a little moan with your mates and laugh it off 

22 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Some call it Butt Squeak.

Others lose their bottle.

I am very lucky to be breathing. Had I not got the depth and breadth of driving knowledge, I'd be a car wreck on the A1 right now and many of you may have been in the tailback if it had happened.

Lets just put this out there so that everyone who does it understands that the act of ...

BREAK CHECKING 

The situation that transpires on the A1 this morning could have not only put me but a friend in a couple of body bags had I not been proficient at driving and handling a vehicle.

Not only did this cretin push his way past me causing me to swerve back in to Lane 1 of the A1 but had to break because the vehicle I was overtaking was a lorry and I was about to hit it, the back end swung out and I had to counter it by throwing the front end in to lane 2, where Mr Richard Head (think of short name for Richard) decided to then break check me, needing further breaking to bring the car under some control. he speeds off doing at least 90 mph.

Dashcam footage, check... Police, Check. They confirm that break checking is dangerous driving and this driver could have caused an accident that killed people. I had no idea who this guy was but its not the first time I have been mistaken for another driver as my car is very common as is its particular colour, so again, I am the victim of some ass hat and their instant justice.

I'd share the footage but the police want it as I think from what they said, I wasn't the only person to have been calling in the driver, the guys driving erratic for sure. So I think that they will be giving the idiot a tap on the shoulder.

I'd done nothing wrong, I'd indicated my intentions, committed to a manoeuvre, had ensures I had the space and the speed and was clear to continue and followed the protocol you follow when over taking on a dual carriage way.

This is how erratic he was, the single track road that is a major A road that passes a UK HQ of a company that is well known on the high streets is a single lane track, Mr Head, our Ritchy decides he wants to try and pass the lorry carrying the car its transporting. like he is 7ft wide, 3ft gap, was never going to happen.

The only reason he is being reported is because his actions were intentional and could have killed me and my friend and others. 

So remember. Don't get yourselves put in prison for doing something as stupid as break checking people, even if they are in the wrong for doing something that upset you, its you that could end up with the harder lesson.

Too fast,too close, too much of a hurry. 

Sums it all up really......

I.a.m driver.

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.