When you still got it...

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not airsoft related but I was able to take my HW100 out to play at an open range middle of last week. My first outing with a new Air rifle, last time I went shooting was about 30 years or more ago.

Sighted in, put up a new chart and ruined a nice 5 for 5 with a cough that set the gun off, the trigger on the HW100's are very light and I had already pre-tension'd the trigger.

You can see how that cough imparted some yaw spin as its clear it went in sideways on..

Any other target shooters in here?

SCAN0236.jpg

I shot HFT for years.  Weihrauch 97K tuned by Steve Pope with a Venom single stage trigger.   

Falcon FFP target scope in the epic.  

Pretty spectacular for a springer.   

20150225_232114_resized.jpg

Edited by Tactical Pith Helmet
Found a pic

Nice bit of wood that. I am currently working on mine.

The walnut is very dry and has already guzzled 60ml of oil..! I think I need shares or something, I have put in to it so far about 20 hours work and still some way to go by the looks of it, have managed to balance out some lighter areas.

Well I am running a HW100 which is current production (well from 2019) 

I put a Nitehawke 6-24x50 AO Mil dot IR scope on it.

On my sons, he has a HW57 that recently had to go back to be repaired by Hull Cartridge. It started to fire at FAC speeds after a Dieseling episode which IMHO compressed the spring to beyond its tolerance and why its only 2/3rd the power. 

HC doesn't seem to think that the underlever snapping back had anything to do with the problem. My only concern being that the barrel is no out of true from the impact of the lever, as you can banana your barrel if not careful.

Anyway, was great to go shooting and my son's chart, given he is 

a) Partially Sighted
b) not sighted in...

This is his chart after he works out where to aim to do this...

Which is impressive when you consider the disadvantage and disability. Top marks from me on that one.

not sighted in yet.jpg

Mine from when I got it, the gunsmiths had a sealed box, so not a display item! 

My sons was from a display rack but came with a box.

MSG_7801.jpg

DSCN2574 - Weihrauch HW57 - Underlever _177 cal - BN[ 2217164 ] .jpg

That's top work from your lad.  The 57 is not known as the most accurate HW, much as I personally have a soft spot for them.  

Surprised at the dryness of the stock, and the amount of oil it's taken.  Bet it's a belter when done!

12 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

That's top work from your lad.  The 57 is not known as the most accurate HW, much as I personally have a soft spot for them.  

Surprised at the dryness of the stock, and the amount of oil it's taken.  Bet it's a belter when done!

Its nearly there, it has taken a whole bottle of English Walnut Oil Preparation, the coat I just applied is taking a lot longer to soak in, so its near saturation point and its starting to get a nice sheen from my hand lapping.

I managed to take photos after each application and will pick several to merge to show the colour depth change and the grain starting to show more character.

That would be useful.  It would give an idea of how much work goes into getting different finishes.  Top job. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.