Mesh Masks

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hard to say. A lot of cheap eye protection products have disclaimers saying "not designed to be shot at". But they work fine.

Regardless of what a website or product says, the best thing to do is test it - the most powerful air soft weapon you can get hold of, full auto at point blank.

If it survives the worst case scenario, you are all good.

• Supporters

I'm not sure about the mask, but Action Hobbies have good customer services. Email them (using the contact section) and ask them if it can withstand a point blank shot with a .20 at 500fps, I got a response to my email yesterday overnight.

I have just emailed them to ask hoe strong they are, also, what counts as full face protection, because I am only 15 I have to wear the full face protection but could I get away with safety glass, like the big ski goggles and a mesh face mask, or does it have to be the full face mask, like the one above?

• Supporters

full face for you would be like that in a single piece.

Mesh will occasionally allow small fragments of poor quality BB's through, which is Why I wear glasses

but you will never get a BB to pass through by pushing the mesh out of the way, the BB will splinter well before then.

To test all my eye protection, I open up the PCS bolt on my M40 all the way, and shoot it point blank with a .4

My Bolle glasses didn't have a mark on them, I was damn impressed. A mesh goggle that I had got a little dent in it, and my ACM pro goggles got a small mark. The Bolle are the best I have by far. Send me your eye protection so I can shoot it! ;)

I would if I had any, I have just ordered my first gun and it comes with safety glasses so It Is alright for garden plinking but I was just wondering what good mesh face masks there are, or failing that, a good face mask with a plastic screen that will not fog up, it was so annoying trying to unfog it every 10 mintutes

How strong would the mesh face mask be on this mask, do they break, can BB's split the mesh?
HI depending on how much you are willing to pay, i got a cheap on, pumped a few shots inelpedto it and not only would the b gone in your eye but the mesh folded backward aswell, i have got a good quality one for £25+

hope this helped

• Supporters

My old site once supposedly tested a pair of glasses and a mesh mask against a real shotgun.

The bolle glasses survived with "wearability", and would have preserved your eyes (the rest of your head would be gone, but as long as you can see, right?)

Mesh died. Really died.

Obviously the velocity from a shotgun at close range is going to be far more than anything to ever come out of an airsoft gun, but if glasses can protect you that well, you can't go wrong.

Personally, I'd go decent bolle glasses and a mesh face protector.

• Supporters

Should be.

For the grange, you don't need a single full-face item. You just need to cover your face. I've seen U18's running round with glasses and face protectors before.

You'd be best to phone them up and ask; Marie is usually on the phone, she's real friendly will answer any question for you, no matter how daft.

Thanks, if there us anything that I am going to shell money out on it is going to be eye protection, better safe than sorry, I am probably gonna go with the glasses and face protector thing

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5295

These are the ones I have, but they were £8 when I bought them (only about 2 weeks ago! :blink:)

But they stand up to about 800FPS on a .4, that's waaay above skirmish limits.

They're cheap and will protect you plenty.

Not for me, they have air vents in the padding under and optop of the eyes, but still enough material to stop a bb from bouncing up under the lens. They're very good, and I recommend them :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got heroshark mesh goggles and they work very very well

Got heroshark lower face guard and it looks good, just not got round to using it

Just thought I'd throw this but I found mesh masks to mess Ur eye sight up abit and on my Red dot sight spilts the cross heir up in to 3 lol duno that's must me haha but you dont have misting up proplems

Yeah, mesh masks aren't very good when using a scope but I had big problems with my goggles misting up last skirmish.

Time to get me some of that anti mist spray I think...

Archived