Couple of shots of my SMG build AAP-01

PumpkinTrash

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Used for indoor games so I found it didn't need many internal upgrades other than a short-stroke kit for that brrpt... Just to make sure that I can empty the extendo's faster than i can reload them.

250185518_866300130710891_6836667167073832596_n.jpg

249235413_614431293072310_3764482120063626153_n.jpg

Edited by PumpkinTrash

That looks rather lovely mate!

I can highly recommend using a TTI adjustable trigger to make things go skkrrrrr that bit quicker if it's a CQB build! The stock trigger seems to have a pull that takes 2 - 5 business days!!

3 hours ago, leadly said:

That looks rather lovely mate!

I can highly recommend using a TTI adjustable trigger to make things go skkrrrrr that bit quicker if it's a CQB build! The stock trigger seems to have a pull that takes 2 - 5 business days!!

I might just do that, i wasn't aware that it gave it a more sensitive trigger. Thanks for the Tip!

• Supporters

This ^^^^👍

Would you buy long trousers just to cut the legs off & turn them in to shorts ? 🤔

42 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I mean...it's well done and all but I just don't get pistol carbines. Why take a pistol and remove all it's advantages?

I was going to say the same thing. Especially when the resulting item is barely longer than a suppressed pistol, so gives none of the advantages of a proper carbine

Though props to the OP for making one of the most fuck ugly dildo pistols ever look kinda cool.  Very Sterling SMG.  

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Well, some pistols are hot enough to rival rifles, so adding a stock helps accuracy and therefore you can use it as a carbine. Each to their own.

Each to their own indeed but if you take a pistol which is small and easily maneuverable, then add a stock, an extended body, and an extra long mag to make up for the reduced ammo capacity of a pistol, you end up with something that is less maneuverable and heavier than you started with which means you have LESS chance of getting accurate shots on target. So why not just use a rifle? Or better yet, an SMG.

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

So why not just use a rifle? Or better yet, an SMG.

I went for a pistol build over an SMG because I think having the mag in the handle makes it for a more unique looking gun.

I don't plan on using it for big games as i would just be handicapping myself but for games that limit to single fire and short bursts i found that running this with 2x spare mags gives me more than enough ammunition.

Also, with the fittings being extremely lightweight i found that the mags weigh more than the gun itself and having the stock helps me gain line of sight a lot faster.

It's all personal preference at the end of the day.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Lozart said:

less maneuverable and heavier than you started with which means you have LESS chance of getting accurate shots on target. So why not just use a rifle? Or better yet, an SMG.

Greater magazine capacity, an extra point of contact and massively improved ergonomic control of the muzzle end of the weapon adds up to a lower probability of hits on target?  Weird maths tbh.

Standard pistols are excellent for super small CQB sites, but as soon as you extend the range much at all my personal experience would say to me that those features will all pay big dividends.  An actual AEG like an MP5k (especially the PDW) does make more sense as soon as the games go beyond a certain (fairly short) time frame, but the weight difference between an airsoft pistol and one in a carbine kit is pretty damn negligible to say the least.  I found it had minimal impact if any on how quick I could run about when I owned one.

I have carbined one of mine, its pretty damn cool. I have plenty of SMGs but theres something about a carbine pistol thats a bit easier to move around and its a bit different. I still have a pistol on my waist when I use it though for the flexibility.

Plus the AAP is so damn cheap its easy and inexpensive to chuck all the add ons onto it. Although when you add it all up it is the price of a cheaper SMG oops haha

Oooooerrrrrr Matron.... I secretly like it... Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone.... lol

Mind you I have a drum mag on mine :D. I blame the guys in the AAP-01 thread on here for that though..... ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.