Hells Airsoft Derby - have the kinks been ironed out?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

afternoon all,

I'm a member of the committee running a 20 to 30-strong airsoft society at a certain uni somewhere in the Midlands. we're hoping to run a CQB event next month and we're torn between two sites - Hells Airsoft and The Department.

I like the look of Hells, especially given that its shanty town layout looks really interesting, especially for our newer players. however, an earlier site review on AF-UK stated a few issues - namely with flanking, stalemates and excessive dust from the rubber flooring.

can anyone shed any light on these issues please? I'd personally prefer Hells, but if these issues haven't been solved then perhaps The Department would be a better bet.

cheers

Edited by IFartedOnTheWayHere
typo

It's quickly become my local. Flanking - Stalemates? F knows who wrote that, genuinely must just not be able to move their feet, they are constantly evolving the site, small change every week and it changes the dynamic every time, if it doesn't work, you feed it back and they change it up. Loads of capability to flank and stalemate isn't a thing unless you are 2 teams of campers, it allows a lot of movement if you want to take it.

Excessive dust? Honestly someone must have been on their period. Can't say I've ever noticed dust being an issue.

Here's my initial review following a 13 hour game session:

https://recon101.uk/sites/hells-airsoft-18-05-2021/

Since then I have been multiple times and every time it gets better.

I enjoy it there but the "dust" is quite bad, my mates went last night for a private game and although a great time was had, the dust was apparent.

The rubber chippings have been displaced quite a bit now so a lot of it is bare stable floor which is mud/dirt. So it may not be the rubber matting that's causing the problem, but whatever the floor was when used as a stable.

I've added some photos that Hell's uploaded in September. This isn't all of them, but it shows it quite well. 

I don't think you could argue it's from a smoke grenade either.

Screenshot_20211029-233916__02.thumb.jpg.de81b093659040fb2b292acf0525f811.jpg

Screenshot_20211029-233911__01.thumb.jpg.7ff8c08ea03ea7d43efa58970033a62d.jpg

Screenshot_20211029-233650__01.thumb.jpg.68497ad258fd3f68909636c55a599f07.jpg

That being said I'm going to be going down next Wednesday night if they get the numbers. If my insides aren't fucked from 15 years worth of diesel fume exposure anyway then I'm sure a bit of dried horse muck isn't going to do any harm.

One thing I do like is that they've made each building with several different entrances, but each time I've gone, they've opened and closed different doors so It keeps it fresh, even for locals. 

Im yet to venture to the department, so cannot comment on that!

@Steveocee Awesome, it'll be good to see you there. Hopefully it goes ahead. I've not bothered booking on yet but suppose I should or else it'll get cancelled.

You going with anyone? Think I'm going with one other.

Better go see Kyle as well then to pick up the last hi capa bits!!

On 26/10/2021 at 14:24, IFartedOnTheWayHere said:

afternoon all,

I'm a member of the committee running a 20 to 30-strong airsoft society at a certain uni somewhere in the Midlands. we're hoping to run a CQB event next month and we're torn between two sites - Hells Airsoft and The Department.

I like the look of Hells, especially given that its shanty town layout looks really interesting, especially for our newer players. however, an earlier site review on AF-UK stated a few issues - namely with flanking, stalemates and excessive dust from the rubber flooring.

can anyone shed any light on these issues please? I'd personally prefer Hells, but if these issues haven't been solved then perhaps The Department would be a better bet.

cheers

My son plays at Hells Airsoft, he loves it, I started playing myself and its a good site.

So what on the draws and stalemates, thats reality of a well balanced set of teams that have got to a stalemate situation because they were a team not a bunch of players running mad shooting up anything that moves as sometimes happens.

The lay has changed recently and they have introduced new games and objectives.

Its a case of suck it and see or "Marmite" mate... You'll either love it or hate it.

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

@leadly Didn't realised it had declined so much. I'm planning on a visit Wednesday myself as well so I guess I'll end up amending what I've said if it's that bad.

Its been updated.

1 hour ago, leadly said:

@AirSniper

Fancy joining us on Wednesday then for a forum shootout?

I would if I hadn't twisted my ankle. Today I put my shoulder out through coughing, of all things.

I play the Sunday afternoon game session, its more a case of something for my son, I go to take part, have a bit of fun and not sat there waiting.

So I have managed to bench myself for the second time in less than 5 weeks. :(

Maybe our paths will cross at some point, my sons birthday soon and likely be up there the Sunday nearest his birthday.

I was planning on a birthday with games designed around objectives that were part of a "Story Themed" game. Interest from his friends is mixed with most wanting to go but hardly any parents approving and those that do, have no transport.

So the plan is to take him and a couple of friends to join in on a regular game.

18 hours ago, leadly said:

@Steveocee Awesome, it'll be good to see you there. Hopefully it goes ahead. I've not bothered booking on yet but suppose I should or else it'll get cancelled.

You going with anyone? Think I'm going with one other.

Better go see Kyle as well then to pick up the last hi capa bits!!

I'm going with Kyle 😂

25 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I'm going with Kyle 😂

Excellent news! That'll save me a trip! You can help me pick a trigger 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.