Fitting an AngryGun L119A2 9.5" handguard to a G&G GC16 13.5" Wildhog

Sightren

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'll start off by saying I'm relatively new to this hobby so I don't really have any technical know how in terms of AEGs. I've had this gun for over half a year now and I've been looking to shorten it down a bit as it's a bit too long at 13.5" and can be a bit of a hindrance in close quarters. So I liked the look of others L119A2 builds and started slowly customising my gun. I purchased the AngryGun rail and tried to fit it on the GC16 but the barrel nut barely tightens then slips. After measuring the inside width of the barrel nut (female thread) it was approx 31mm and on the upper receiver (male thread) it was also 31mm so the threads are just not catching enough. The stock barrel nut measured in at approx 30mm (female) so fit/tightened securely. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did you work around it? Would I need to get an upper receiver? 

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

I’ve fitted these to an Ics, WE gbbr and a GHK gbbr with no problems. Maybe the g&g receiver has its own spec? Perhaps you could try Teflon tape to help pack out the thread? 

try this. I too have fitted a few with no issues . WE GBBR and a Cyma reciever. Who did you get the rail from ? I do know there is a different barrel nut available. Can't remember what platform it's for , poss TM . Yhere is a chance you've got the wrong nut.

2 hours ago, SBoardley said:

I’ve fitted these to an Ics, WE gbbr and a GHK gbbr with no problems. Maybe the g&g receiver has its own spec? Perhaps you could try Teflon tape to help pack out the thread? 

I'm not too sure like I said I dont have much technical experience, I've seen a couple of posts saying that G&G use standard specs but others saying they aren't compatible with much so im coming up blank with that one. Thought about wrapping in PTFE tape like you said to pack out the thread as a possible stop gap solution.

18 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Who did you get the rail from ?

I got the rail from fire support uk (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-l119a2-rail--925-inch-short-version) which says it comes with the standard AEG but it may be possible that the barrel nut was wrong?

I've just checked my spare nut and it does look like it's about 31mm . It might be worth contacting Fire support (I'd ring them) to see if the alternative nut is smaller. 

Otherwise as suggested a few wraps of PTFE tape might do the job.

As an aside , if you aren't already it's worth joining the L119 Owners club on FB . Its an extremely knowledgable group and someone may have had the same issue and know a fix.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.