Sending VSR parts to Jersey.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand that Jersey whilst owned by the UK is technically not part of the UK. I believe they have the same laws as us and that me posting a VSR Receiver and scope rail shouldn't be a problem.

But I do have to fill out a customs form. Will I be covered legally if I put Toy parts? Or should I put something like "Airsoft parts" or "Low powered air weapon parts" ?

Cheers!

Edited by Asomodai

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I understand that Jersey whilst owned by the UK is technically not part of the UK. I believe they have the same laws as us and that me posting a VSR Receiver and scope rail shouldn't be a problem.

But I do have to fill out a customs form. Will I be covered legally if I put Toy parts? Or should I put something like "Airsoft parts" or "Low powered air weapon parts" ?

Cheers!

It’s not part of the UK, it’s in the British Isles and is a Crown Dependency

GB = England, Scotland & Wales

UK = GB + NI

British Isles is geographic = UK, Eire/ Southern Ireland,  Isle of Man, Channel Islands

You would be exporting from the UK to Jersey & will need more investigation on what any implications may be in jersey

For declaration purposes you will need something descriptive that doesn’t end up being picked up as a problem

later

https://www.gov.je/Travel/InformationAdvice/ImportsExports/pages/index.aspx

https://www.jerseypost.com/media/1442/guide-to-prohibited-and-restricted-goods-aug-2017.pdf

4 hours ago, Tommikka said:

It’s not part of the UK, it’s in the British Isles and is a Crown Dependency

GB = England, Scotland & Wales

UK = GB + NI

British Isles is geographic = UK, Eire/ Southern Ireland,  Isle of Man, Channel Islands

You would be exporting from the UK to Jersey & will need more investigation on what any implications may be in jersey

For declaration purposes you will need something descriptive that doesn’t end up being picked up as a problem

later

https://www.gov.je/Travel/InformationAdvice/ImportsExports/pages/index.aspx

https://www.jerseypost.com/media/1442/guide-to-prohibited-and-restricted-goods-aug-2017.pdf

I had already read those sections. 

It appears the law there is very similar to ours (Though as an unrelated aside, they do not have anything like UKARA). They note Airsoft Ammunition as being fine to be imported or exported and that Low Powered Air Weapons are also fine, subject to import laws. 

On the Firearms (Excepted Air Weapons) List, it states that anything under 1.3 Joules does not require a firearms certificate. This assumes that an Airsoft Weapon under 1.3J is classed an Excepted Air Weapon

This does not help me as I am sending certain parts. In the Firearms Law of 2000 it states that "Any component part of a lethal barrelled or Prohibited weapon" would mean it is a firearm part. These parts are not forming a lethal weapon. As such, the Firearms law of 2000 does not apply. 

So I am really not sure what to describe this as, it is not prohibited to import. 

Basically I want to get this to Jersey as pain free as possible, but also covering my back if something goes wrong (IE describing it as something its not). 

"Toy Parts" => We cant really describe it as a part as the closest definition according to Jersey law is Excepted Air Weapon part. But it's least likely to get checked.

"Airsoft Parts" -> Is exactly what it is, without being specific to any laws. 

"Excepted Air Weapon part" => Probably the most descriptive word, but might get me aggro sending it and is more likely to get picked up on the other side for checks. 

For what its worth, the seller say sending it as Toy Parts should be fine... But it's my ass on the line as well. 

Edited by Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.