AEGs similar to MP7 (straight grip)

airsoftot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

M4/MP5/ARP9 etc all have an angled hand grip which puts my wrist at an awkward angle when in a tight, upright, elbow in position.. the MP7 handgrip looks perfect (0 degree)..

Ideally I am looking for a M4 (because of bigger mags, common parts etc) with 0 degree grip but that does not seem possible due to motor size/angle..

Looking at AEGs only, no gas please

Thoughts?

Thanks

image.jpeg.11fca2962196daa3cd25d4c7624b201e.jpeg

Edited by airsoftot

45 minutes ago, airsoftot said:

Hi

M4/MP5/ARP9 etc all have an angled hand grip which puts my wrist at an awkward angle when in a tight, upright, elbow in position.. the MP7 handgrip looks perfect (0 degree)..

Ideally I am looking for a M4 (because of bigger mags, common parts etc) with 0 degree grip but that does not seem possible due to motor size/angle..

Looking at AEGs only, no gas please

Thoughts?

Thanks

image.jpeg.11fca2962196daa3cd25d4c7624b201e.jpeg

the only thing that matches the vfc MP7A1 AEG

Bunch of possibilities, but hard to say.

L85 has a slightly different grip angle, further forward and also takes M4 mags, so worth a look.

Some of the AK variants possibly (LCT AK12 maybe?)

Other oddballs like P90 might work.

Or, get a HPA based M4 and stick a 15 degree pistol grip on it.

You would probably have to look at some Bullpups as the motors aren't in the pistol grip. There is not much weight forward of the pistol grip either which will certainly help in your situation. 

Edited by Asomodai

Thanks the suggestions

Unfortunately I think the bullpups / p90 etc are too bulky in the rear

If I could have the LCT AK12 with M4 mags, polymer body, shorter rail/barrel I think that would be about perfect

Edited by airsoftot

• Supporters

I don't think there is an electric M4 with a straight up vertical pistol grip, closest you'll get is either fitting a BCM grip replica or getting one of the VFC licensed BCM AEGs.  Some of the new ARES X-class are pretty vertical but.. ARES.

The other way is to move the pistol grip further from you in the form of absolutely any bullpup or extending your AR stock.  Can always put the stock over your shoulder for those close encounters, perfectly legitimate technique even with real guns with real recoil.  Between the most vertical grip angle you can get away with in a V2 GB and a longer stock you'd probably feel more comfortable, can always go with a real short barrel too since those make very little difference with bbs.

VFC MP7 is a good mention and ticks the boxes but they're not super well designed inside from what I've seen.  It's a super tricky set of boxes to actually tick in a full blooded AEG, hopefully someone else can think up something.

14 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I don't think there is an electric M4 with a straight up vertical pistol grip, closest you'll get is either fitting a BCM grip replica or getting one of the VFC licensed BCM AEGs.  Some of the new ARES X-class are pretty vertical but.. ARES.

The other way is to move the pistol grip further from you in the form of absolutely any bullpup or extending your AR stock.  Can always put the stock over your shoulder for those close encounters, perfectly legitimate technique even with real guns with real recoil.  Between the most vertical grip angle you can get away with in a V2 GB and a longer stock you'd probably feel more comfortable, can always go with a real short barrel too since those make very little difference with bbs.

VFC MP7 is a good mention and ticks the boxes but they're not super well designed inside from what I've seen.  It's a super tricky set of boxes to actually tick in a full blooded AEG, hopefully someone else can think up something.

i'm actually using an ares amoeba am-007, so thanks 😆

the weight and barrel length is great.. i was thinking about fitting a half-size "drop stock" similar to the LCT AK12

VFC MP7 is a good shout if only it used M4 mags :<

looks like i may have to suck it up until more small speedsoft-style aegs come on the market because ultimately that's the market where a gun like this would be developed

The other thing you could look at is the pts epgc. I think the c is foe compact and it's a steeper angle than most m4 grips. I run one and it does feel more like my mp9 than other m4 grips, much more vertical.

On 24/10/2021 at 14:46, concretesnail said:

The other thing you could look at is the pts epgc. I think the c is foe compact and it's a steeper angle than most m4 grips. I run one and it does feel more like my mp9 than other m4 grips, much more vertical.

thanks

how do your m4 and mp9s compare?

Edited by airsoftot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.