New sniper, but which to choose?

Prince

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys!

I recently sold my action army t10 wich I had fully upgrades because i wasnt getting the results I wanted.

Now the almighty question, which sniper should I buy now? I have no budget, I can spend as much as I want. 
I just wanted to hit 80m targets with no problem, after being upgraded, or before would be quite nice.

I looked into uograding a TM vsr10, into upgraded srs, ssg10 and on and on and on.

I want to know the experienced sniper players opinion. Is there really one that outstands the rest of snipers after being upgraded? Is there one you trully recomend?

Op, politely.... you built your T10 wrong.

All upgraded snipers will perform the same based on the quality of the barrel, the quality of their hop and the consistency of the power.

• Supporters

I have to agree. If it was "fully upgraded" then I'm not sure what you expect to happen differently next time.  It's be all the same parts internally, and it's not like the shell makes much of a difference.

I do have to wonder, are the results that you want based on watching YouTube sniper channels?

• 2 weeks later...

@Prince I will try my best to answer your question

Am I an experienced sniper = yes

I use the ssg10 (started off as the A1 model but later bought the A3 stock as I didn't like the A1 grip).

Have I had other Airsoft sniper rifles? = yes (in order: well MB01, MB08, vsr10, SRSA1)

1)Hitting 80m with no problems is achievable with a few minor upgrades (tridos TDC and a very thorough strip, clean and re-lube of the entire RIF).  

2)Hitting 80m with no problems is very difficult to do if there are variable wind speeds, poor quality BB's or user error.  

3)Will you start hitting 80m targets on the first gameday after buying your new fully upgraded RIF? NO. things will need to bed in and the first few game days expect the odd shot to disappoint. 

4)Would I recommend the SSG10? It's a great value rifle to start from and upgrade.  There are other options out there such as action army, silverback and the TM VSR10 which also require upgrades to have that performance most players dream of (YouTube videos do not show airsoft sniping very well).  

I would suggest that you pop along to your local site, or visit a few and ask to hold/try out other players rifles as some options might not feel right for you, so find the one that you like the feel/look of and then research upgrade options into that model.  You will also hear their stories on how good/bad it is sniping and the pain they had getting their rifle to shoot how it does.

Good luck.

Edited by Oneshotscott
Spelling error

On 30/10/2021 at 09:04, Nicnicol said:

How do you mean you was not getting the results?  I have a T10 and only upgraded the piston, m130 spring , piston guide and bucking and already achieved close to 500fps and now working on the range vs Accuracy

Similar here. 

T11 with a trimmed M130 spring, SCW Piston and spring guide, Maple Leaf barrel and autobot, AAC hop chamber. 

Consistent 330 fps on 0.45g

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.