Selling airsoft internal and external parts

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have customised a new airsoft gun and would like to sell on the original as new factory parts.

Am I right in assuming that no defence is required for airsoft parts?

I am obliged by law to ensure that buyers are over 18 years of age, even if I am only selling parts? Or is there a difference between internal parts and external parts?

I would be grateful for your advice.

• Supporters

as above

it becomes an interesting question on where the line would be drawn between a "part", for example a reciever shell, and an "RIF"

i guess as long as the total package passes the "doesn't look like a gnu to random public" then it'll be ok, although there are some tricky precedents for things that have been identified as gnu's which aren't.

• Supporters

Dont know about age restrictions.

I guess the general assumption is anyone wanting individual parts is wanting them for an rif they already have, in which case it's somewhat moot.

At best any age restriction is gonna be moral and as such entirely up to you.

Personally I'd side with Adolf its most likely too late to protect people from themselves if they're buying parts for something they already own so you'd be golden in my book. Really unlikely that someone is gonna be buying up second hand parts to illegally assemble a replica firearm, if they're that keen on breaking laws they may as well go whole hog and get on the darknet to source some "glock" parts from the lads at GCHQ.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

What about age restrictions? 

Are there any?

Nope.  Only for a thing that "has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm".  Components short of that are just fine.

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Samurai said:

You can sell the parts. Even if they make up a complete gun, because manufacturing a RIF is an offence when they want to assemble them. And that's on them, not on you.

I agree. The State might not, but what do they know? ;) 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I agree. The State might not, but what do they know? ;) 

It's iffy to say the least. I think most international retailers have stopped offering to ship RIFs disassembled to the UK as HMRC got wise to it.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, BigStew said:

It's iffy to say the least. I think most international retailers have stopped offering to ship RIFs disassembled to the UK as HMRC got wise to it.

It also implies a guilty mind as you'd only do it if you know you're up to something sneaky.

Not an issue in this case though, there's no receiver/frame.

40 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Offering to sell disassembled RIFs was intentional smuggling to bypass the VCRA

Its a different thing than selling individual parts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.